CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days Dyno Wars and Dyno Availability

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 06:05 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Days Dyno Wars and Dyno Availability

As some know I will have the DynoTrailer at the DS Days event and wanted to let you guys know a little about it and also get a feeler about who has plans to use the Dyno. I also wanted to get a rough head count of people who are planning on participating in a "Dyno War" that we offered to put on for the DS guys.

So, the dyno info.....
Dyno Jet model 188 , enclosed in a 26' 10' tall trailer. Its also a prety decent mobile shop with air, 110 Lincoln Mig, all the tools , jets and just about everything else you might need for repairs and maintance at the dunes.
I have a IRI 4000XD 4 gas analyzer that we purchased to replace the DynoJet O2 sensor system that went bad. It reads C0, CO2, O2, and HC. It gives a air fuel ratio as well. It has stand alone software from the Winpep (DynoJets) software, meaning I can not print your afr on the same graph as the HP/TQ, but I can still provide the graph (it has its own inductive tach sensor). We just have to have two windows open on the laptop, instead of one. Slightly more of a hassle with the two windows, but far more accurate and much more information for better tuning.
I use Duro Flat track tires, which I have identical sets for Honda, Yamaha and DS wheel pattterns. I have a heatly supply of jets for Miks, Keihin, and quite a few Lectron rods as well.

We offered to do a DS only Dyno War on Saturday night, at my trailer in the Vendor Area. Dyno , BBQ as well. We will supply burgers,dogs,chips and pop. All Motor class and power adder class .Winners get Hooded Sweatshirts of their choice and bragging rights for the next year! This will be a 3 pull deal, dropping the high and low runs. There will be a winner for highest HP, Highest TQ and highest average hp and tq (both engine and power adder classes).

Whats the interest level for this?
Who wants in?
If its not too high, we will maybe just do a BBQ and watch some riding and racing highlights from the weekend so far, on our projector on the side of the Dyno Trailer!!!

Ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Old 08-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

KGB,

Im interested and I think its a great idea. I would think most guys would be looking at simple HP, but I know I want a CO reading on mine - I can tune my own carb, I just need the CO info to do it. I was tuned in great in Oregon, then I came back and I no longer have the use of the sniffer. Plus, I am interested in how much actual HP I run on nitrous as well. Its probably gonna take 10 passes for me - so shoot me a PM as to how much that might be.

Marky

Old 08-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

We are definately interested in dynoing our bikes I will bring my knobbies for the Predator if that will be ok. My only question is I really want to do a dyno war against my husbands DS with my Predator could that possibly be ok with everyone involved? I am just curious. I appreciate that you have this and are willing to bring it for everyone. I will pay the fee's we don't have anything local that I have ever heard of so this will work great for us.

Thanks again.
Tracy

Old 08-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

I will be REAL interested!! Working on a new Gsxr 1000 DS.. Trying real hard to get her done in time! We'll have a NOS System on her but no time to dyno for the NOS. HATE TO SPRAY THE JUICE without knowing the A/F ratio

I'M IN IF WE??????....... GET HER DONE !!! NAIL BITER FOR SURE!!

Bud

Old 08-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

Bud, I hope this project turns out better than the last one![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

Great to hear from ya Al!! Did I hear a little Yami squeel from ya?? lol!! Yea, we could sit around allll day and tell stories about DS projects.. So hows YOUR DS ?!?! lol lol lol !!

You going to DS days??? I'm bustin my hump to go

Old 08-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer

kgb - somone on an earlier thread said to be sure to put it on the dyno out at ls. They said it would be the best money I ever spent. I don't know anything about a dyno or what it does. What, exactly, is the procedure and what will it tell me about my bike? Will, it, for example, tell me exactly what the jetting should be? What else?
Thanks

Old 08-20-2006, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

I'm in with 2 DS's- your awesome man! Hope you get a good night sleep the night before, have a feeling it's gonna be a late one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2006, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

I'll be on hand as well and look forward to the festivities. I'll enter my $10 and my partner will as well. Won't be bringing home any trophies... but it will be a hoot. If any of my motor builds are there, I'll be there to tune for you as well. Hope to see some of you guys out there.

PEACE!!!!

Old 08-20-2006, 06:56 PM
MTX
Pro Rider

I just want to break 50hp on my stockbore lol

Quick Reply: DS Days Dyno Wars and Dyno Availability