CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Traxter XT or Traxter

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001 | 10:16 AM
|
Pro Rider

Well I do like the XT. My father inlaw has one but he only has 1000 km's on it. I have read that they are the machine to take the worst terrain and work possible with out any problems whatsoever. I love my yamaha grizzly but i'm starting to want something a little more utility oriented in the 500CC range and yam does not have one. I like basic designs and the Traxter lineup has them. Someone on this post said they had 12.000 miles on their traxter, if that is true that is crazy.
What is the overall opinion on both these machines, which one do you have and what is your mileage and look on it. I have noticed alot of old Polaris owners going to the traxter lineups.
Are they as good in the mud as they say they are!
Any info would be great!
Thanks
2000 Yamaha grizzly
3800km's

Old 12-03-2001 | 11:06 AM
Range Rover

I own a Bombardier Quest and I'm very happy with it. It is extremely tough & solid and has been great in all riding conditions, including mud. The Rotex engine is amazing and very reliable. The Traxtor/Quest line is more utility than sport (with the Quest being a little sportier than the Traxtor). The engineering and functionality of these machines never ceases to amaze me.

Old 12-03-2001 | 05:04 PM
Range Rover

I have two 2001 traxter's. One has 1,300 miles, the other has 950. They are great. I have them loaded but they are not XT's. Now that my riding has gotten better, I'd say the only thing they need is 2 more inches and some great tires. Then (with two) they would be no where you could not go. The people that ride with me as guests or with their own machines cannot believe the power or what it can do with a tow rope, winch, or just the brute power. I don't damage my stuff on purpose but I've put these things to the limit. Very very little maintenance, which makes the ride even better. By now the 2002 are out plus you have the options of quest as well, There are some small problems, on mine it was idle and carb and one of them comes out of low gear sometimes, but again those are minimal compared to what continues to work. Ther're tanks and ther're keepers.

Old 12-03-2001 | 10:16 PM
wam
Weekend Warrior

I've had my '01 Traxter 4 months and I'm coming up on 400 miles. I went to the dealership looking for a Honda but they made such a good deal on the Traxter I couldn't pass it up. I got it for less than I could have gotten a 4x4 Rancher. I could have gotten the XT for the same price but I wanted red. Now that the Quest is out you could probably get a great deal. I didn't like the step through at first but now I like it. It's very powerful and plenty fast for me. Shifting could be smoother but it gets better once you get a feel for it. Steering is very easy (compared to the 4x4 Hondas I drove). If "utility" is what your looking for, this has to be one of the best in my opinion.