CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

a stock ds beat a rw stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i no it sounds fish .. but its so true and there where many people watching .. i was out riding when i cam across a black ds .. so i started checking it out he had the stage 1 rw kit .. with a pair of paddles on it ,they where beatup a bite but they where still paddles .... so i ask him to line up with me just to see how much faster the stage one was .... so we did .. after the first race he said he missed 2 .. after the 2 race he said he just got a bad start after the third race when he jump the line and i still passed him .he said it had to be the tires .we races 6time i won every race buy at least a quad lenth or more . but im sure beat up paddles are better in sand then the stock tires the ds come with ...... so i was thinking either he really couldn,t ride (doesn,t take much to drag race) or the stage 1 rw realy doesn,t really give any bang for your buck ...

any one else get to race the stage 1 rw kit ??????

Old 12-04-2001, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

ok 1 more thing the kid has the tack but said it was for a two cyclinder so when the tack said 4,000 its realy at 8,000 is that how all the tacks are or what ?????

Old 12-04-2001, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

bombthreat187......My friend bought the Ronwoods stage one kit and i would beat up on him real bad.The stage one kits are worthless in my opinion.I have raced lots of them at the dunes and they all run about the same.You would be better off buying aftermarket parts by other brands.Than spending 1500.00 for a stage one kit!!!

Old 12-04-2001, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

THANKS FOR THE INFO SAND .. I THOUGHT NO ONE WOULD BELIVE ME .... WELL WHEN I DO MODE MY BIKE ITS ONLY GOING TO BE BY KNUTZ ..IV BEEN HERE AWAIL READING ALOT OF KNUTZ POST SO I TRUST HIM MORE THE RW ... FOR 1500 STAGE ONE.. I WOULD RATHER PAY 2500+ FOR THE 703 KIT FROM KNUTZ .. NOW THATS BANG FOR YOUR BUCK .......

Old 12-05-2001, 11:37 AM
Range Rover

ok bombthreat now that your done running your mouth, a 703 kit has the same carb and almost the same cdi as the woods kit, so with the exclusion of the pipe you get a stage1 kit and a big cylinder, piston and cams along with it for the extra money.
I would have originally got my stuff from Knutz also but to say that the stage1 kit is junk is not true, it just means you need to add the additional parts to get a 703.
I think its real funny to hear you say that putting a bigger carb and a cdi with no rev limiter and a pipe on your quad is going to make your quad slower than stock, just shows your knowledge level about ds performance. And as far as the grandma you were racing I don't know what her problem was but more than likely it was tires and rider combined.

Old 12-05-2001, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, your best bet would be the 703, but I have a stage 1 kit ( woods ),( knutz wasn't in business yet ) and I could tell the difference right away when I put the kit on, I have only raced 2 stock ds's and beat them both, and I am not the best rider either, maybe something is out of adjustment, or bad traction.

Old 12-05-2001, 12:30 PM
Trailblazer

Time to get out the hip boots...

The "black" Baja DS has a different connection at the black box, so unless this guy figured out how to adapt the different colors of the Baja wiring to an aftermarket ignition, he still has an ignition with a rev limiter.

We've just about got that figured out...

Old 12-05-2001, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer

The "black" DS Baja comes with a tach from the Bombardier factory, and if he said he was turning 4000 rpm, he was turning 4000 rpm.

Old 12-05-2001, 01:02 PM
Trailblazer

Didn't know that! Thanks.

Still, if the tach came from us or from Bombardier, they are pretty accurate.

Old 12-05-2001, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

well thanks you marky,,,and for ds stage 1 don,t get all bent .. i was,nt running my mouth i was just telling what happen .. i never said doing a pipe cdi ect will make your quad slower i said it didn,t do much for this guy .. i have like 5 people that where there watching me beat this guy over and over and if you read my post you would of seen that he was running a beat up pair of paddles .. and like i said a beat up set of paddles are better then the stock tires i have .in thick sand ..right ???. just because your mad that u payed for the stage one and arent happy with it don.t try taking it out on me .why would i pay 1500, then another 3000 when i could just pay the 3000 and get every thing i need for the 703 .. im not even going to start a flam .i was,nt trying to rip on the stage 1 from rw i was just given my 02. about what i seen out in the battle field ... so no hard feeling stage 1 .

(p.s when i said black ds it was,nt the baja... it was a reg black ds )

Quick Reply: a stock ds beat a rw stage 1