CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

pres weekend dumont?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am debating coming down to dumont for pres weekend. It is like a 10-12 hour ride from my house, so I want to make the right choice.

I understand that there is a jeep event going on that weekend.

I also will be bringing my family if we come, my wife and son and myself. I am looking for a good place that will not be full of kids partying all night. I want to be able to ride with my family and not be worrying about punks all day long.

With the jeep event, is there still enough camping available?

Are the crowds at dumont good or are they roudy kids?

How is the camping? Are there spaces, or is it just an open dirt area where everyone camps?

If we come, we wont be there until late Friday or maybe late Saturday, will there still be areas to camp?

I apprecaite any info you dumont guys can provide.

Bat

Old 02-04-2002, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

Dude, Dumont is all open dirt for parking. Yes, there is the Las Vegas Jeep Club annual Jamboree. Lot's of fun to watch when you're not riding. It's the 2nd busiest weekend of the year, but there is still plenty of room. Crowds can get a little crazy at night over at Comp after people start drinking. It's nowhere near as bad as the horror stories you here about Glamis. Myself and friends all have family too, so if you decide you are going to go, let me know and I'll tell you where we will be. Yo're welcome in our camp . Also we park away from the most crowded areas so the kids can ride and it's not so noisy at night.

Old 02-04-2002, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Hay Bat, One thing to add to vegas650s assesment is to BRING everything you need!!!
There are no stores for 30 miles and there is no water. The only ammenities are two pit toilets. Its will worth the trip though.
If you guys do go, look me up. I'll be helping a friend out on vendor row selling cycle accesories and a variety of whips. we're the ones with the uncovered easy-up frame with assorted spinners (for sale)hanging on it.
Or drop me a "private message" and let me know where you will be so we can hook up.

Old 02-04-2002, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

Vegas, thanks for the invite. I am not certain yet if we will come. It will be a 10-12 hour drive and I have to go through the Salt Lake City area to get there and they are hosting the winter olympics starting about now and I dont know if the traffic will deter me or not.

I also found out that my wife can't get that friday off, so I would have to drive down on saturday or all night friday to get there. I am just not sure if spending one day down and one day back for maybe two days of riding is worth it or not. I was debating going to little sahara utah instead, but it is probably going to be kind of cold there still.

When I make my decision, if we are coming down I will email or PM you and let you know.

Again I appreciate your invite.
Bat

Old 02-05-2002, 03:26 AM
Pro Rider

Bat, keep me informed as well, I am still thinking about it for the weekend at LS. Oh and by the way, thanks again and it was great to finaly meet you. That Baja is one cool ride
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2002, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Demon, I think dumont is out of the question. My wife cant get off work and so I think LS might be the ticket. If the temps are reasonable, it will be great. I am hoping for in the 40's.

I will keep you informed. If you want to go to LS let me know. It is a blast to ride. I will be going in march again and most likely over memorial weekend. I hope the weather is good over pres weekend, so that we can go and have some fun.

Well, it was nice to meet you too and I look forward to doing some riding with you.

Bat

Old 02-06-2002, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

I am going with my friends to Dumont. I will be there on Friday through Monday. I have a white expedition with a Thule box. My friend has a white lifted chevy 2500 and a Wilderness trailer. We will have 3 DS650s and 1 baja 650. None of us are really interested in drag racing but more into duning, jumping and trail riding. How much riding is there to do around there anyway?

Old 02-06-2002, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

Big John, Aside from the dunes, there are hardpack trails in the hills around the creek bed (just watch for the rocks. Also there are trails north and north-east of the dunes that go for miles through the desert. The real fun is in the dunes though and wathcing the jeep races between rides.