CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

A few adjusments=Best riding ever!! (LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok one easy way to make the measurements is to put on a set of razor type sand tires. That way you can measure from rib to rib, if not there is a groove in the middle of the stock tires you can use as center. It has nothing what-so-ever to do with the hub's. Toe will have nothing to do with the bottom's sticking out thats a camber/caster adjustment. toe is like this, looking down on the tires from sitting on it, \ / is a toe out(sometimes referd to as pushing), [ ] is 0 toe(parallel streight), / \ is a toe in (plowing). The way I measured from the rear of the tire to the frame is I took a srting and ran it from rear of the tire to the rear of the other tire at a level plain then measurd from the center of the tire to the frame. The string gives you a common point on the frame to measure to. If I could get some help I would take some pictures and send them to you. I am sure if you did some searching on the web for auto alighnment, you might be able to see some better diagrams of what the terms mean.

Demon

Old 05-09-2002, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered one of these from Toe guage , gave them the width of the front of the ds and it is very simple to use. I know there are cheaper ways to measure, but this guage is very lightweight and easy to use.

Later....Steve