CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

First 75 mile ride on the DS - and raptor race results inside.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets start off with the bad news. After I finally found a guy with a 180 jet for newly modified encap, I couldn't find my 1 and only key for the DS. I found out it takes a whopping 20 seconds to bypass the igition. So we were off to Fort Campbell to visit the inlaws. We stopped to gas up and when we arrived at Fort Campbell I realized I left the gas cap at the gas station way back in Cincinnati. I know what your thinking, what a forgetfull dumba&&. Thats not true, I rarely forget stuff. Now, where was I..hmmm. Oh yeah on Saturday we found some trails. To start off the day my brother inlaws friend couldn't get his raptor to run right. We later found out it was the decompression switch still on. We then took off and found so much mud it wasn't even funny After going through a mudhole about a foot deep and up a steep, short hill my ds jumped out of the rut and the right rear tire landed squarely on top of a root, two inches in diameter, and put the biggest hole I've ever seen in my tire. This was my first ride on these brand new Ohtsu tires. I'm not even sure two or four ply wouldve helped me here. We called it a day.

Good news. We found some awesome riding areas the nest day in Pennyville forest. 3000 acres and mostly deserted coal mines. It was awesome! There were jumps, bowls, trails, fire roads, and we were the only ones there. So we make it to an open road and I lined the DS up with the raptor. We take off and I jumped him off the line and never looked back. About midway thru 5 th gear I looked aback and had 8-10 lengths on him. We tried over and over on the dirt and road, always the same results. His raptor is bone stock. Mine has the air lid removed and I modified the end cap, both mods cost me about 1 hour of work and $2.50 for the jet. His raptor is a blast to ride and we swapped back and forth all day. We all loved how smooth the DS was and wickedly quick. The DS couldn't do anything wrong and I was beating it pretty bad. It was without a doubt the best day of riding I have ever had. There is much more I want to elaborate on , but its late and I'm sleepy.

Old 06-10-2002, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like an awesome time, besides all the bad luck. Good night and many more days of fun, safe ridng to you.

Old 06-10-2002, 01:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sound like a woderfull day hey steal the gas cap off your wrecked polaris it will fit i know cause i left my gas cap at a station once.HEY it must be a defect in the ds not us!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2002, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<< sound like a woderfull day hey steal the gas cap off your wrecked polaris it will fit i know cause i left my gas cap at a station once.HEY it must be a defect in the ds not us!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] >>

Sweet. Both the ignition and the gas cap swapped over!