CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Will 4 quads fit in a 21FK "Superlite" Weekend Warrior?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

.....I know I have been beating this topic to death. Not just for the last few days, but for the last couple of years.. Damn !! I want to figure this out.!!!!

.....I like the Xtremes though I haven't seen one yet. I like the tip-outs, the lack of wheel wells, but the floor plans are the same old stuff and I hear they are quite expensive. Their website sucks. The Rage'n is the same thing, floorplan that doesn't work for me, and too heavy.
.... The Weekend Warrior FK-21 has a huge weight savings over everything else at 4100 lbs. And it has the kitchen I like, the long cargo area, and a price in the $17K's including a generator and pump station.
.....Speaking of generators, the FK generator is a little one, only 2.8KW, enough to run one AC and not much else. But it only weighs 113 lbs. and uses only 1/2 gallon gas/hour. It is either a CampPower or Microlite by Onan, not sure which. With accessories I can buy it over the internet for $1800 to $2000, or installed by Warrior for $2375. That seems like a good way to go.
......So, My Palomino has been out on the road for a few hours and I have already had two calls....Maybe time to order my F#@King-21....!
......Just took new backyard measurements! If I put the DS head in first, then the Sportsman, then the Raptor and Raptorette side by side in back, nothing sideways, but staggering the quads so tires touch axles instead of tires, I get17 feet total length ! That's two inches to spare with no quads sideways.....

Old 09-11-2002, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

Once again, 3TV, the voice of wisdom. No offense to you guys that want me to haul the max load, but I have said from the get go that I wanted an easy haul, and the V-10 Ford is simply not in the same category as the PSD, Cummins or Duramax. The V-10 is a great 3/4 ton gasoline truck engine. I never imagined it as anything more.
... The snowmobile cargo trailers weigh 3500 lbs empty. Add in everything and we are back into heavyweight status.
....Since I just got all four quads into my imaginary trailer, end to end, with the Raptorette and Raptor side by side in only 17 feet, with not a single quad sideways, the widebody is no longer an issue. The FK-21 has two inches to spare.
.... And the price is right. Resale value is something no one has brought up, cause no one ever seems to want to sell, but I am sure the Weekend Warrior resale value must be incredible.
.....3TV knows me. He has seen my Palomino/utility trailer set up and our struggle to "get comfortable with it". It has been an uphill battle. By contrast, his WW at Sand Mountain was an Oasis for us all.
.....I can pick this puppy up in 4 weeks in Yuma, and avoid California sales tax. I am going to get a F#@King-21 Weekend Warrior! ....Sell Palomino, SELL! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2002, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

fourlix, congrats on the decision. You will be happy I am sure.

3tv, glad I could make you laugh. When I purchased my truck I was not intending on purchasing such a large trailer. But you know the old story get one thing and then the other is not big enough or whatever and have to upgrade that. Well, I am sure I will be upgrading trucks in the not so distant future. When I say hills, I am talking the sisters outside evanston wyoming. These are very very long steep grades. And I can still be doing 65 at the top if I dont get stuck behind something. What I meant is that if I get caught behind someone that I cannot regain much speed on the grade. I know you have more money then any of us and can throw it around like crazy, but I have to keep it somewhat in control. I was not advising fourlix to purchase a bigger camper then he wanted I was just saying that his truck could handle a bigger camper. Anyway, just wanted to clarify. I am very happy with my setup and when I can I will upgrade the truck to a better tow rig. I have the worst gearing for the towing I do, but it does the job and gets me where I want to go.

Later
Bat

Old 09-12-2002, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Bat, that's cool. After all we come on here to discuss and learn from each other. Yes, maybe the truck could handle a larger trailer than the FK, but I want to pull it without knowing it is even there. For too long, I pulled heavy trailers with 1/2 ton trucks and left flaming bits of transmissions streaming down the road. I want to reverse that and tow something that is so easy, so under the tow limit that the truck is under no strain at all. The F-250 is rated for 11,000 lbs towing, I want to tow half that, but still haul a lot of quads. It is not too much to ask. Quads don't weigh that much, and a lighter weight trailer will do just fine.
......By the way, I know 3TV pretty well, and he is not some rich guy with toys and money to blow into the wind. He works hard for his dough, just like the rest of us, he just has his priorities straight. But for a guy who works in a sideshow Carnival as a sword-swallower and fills in for the bearded lady once in a while, he has done rather well....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2002, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

3tv, yeah I probably took that wrong. Yesterday was a horrid day for me. I do not think 40 is an adequate towing speed. But that happened once when I got stuck in traffic at the bottom of one of the sisters by evanston. Most semis end up doing about 20 up these hills. They are many miles long and a pretty steep grade. I usually end up in the upper 50's to lower 60's at the top of these. It depends on how many times I get stuck behind a semi doing 30 or less.

Sorry I took it wrong. I usually do abou 70-75 on the normal stretches of highway. The truck would do 80 or 85 if I wanted to, but I dont feel comfortable doing that.

I have the wrong gearing which is my fault, bought the truck before the camper and did not think I would go that big. But it does what I need, when I need it. I will most likely upgrade sometime in the future, but for now it suits me just fine.

Fourlix, I can fully understand not wanting a larger camper. They can be a pain to get around and move and all. And I would most likely not take mine on a day trip because it is large. But I do love it when I get to where I am going. I think any toy hauler camper will satisfy that part. Coming from a tent to a camper made me and the wife much happier. Actually she had only done one riding trip before the camper and she enjoyed the riding, but hated the camping. Now, I cant keep her away.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion and I wish I could have a new diesel, but supercharging the v10 might be the better option for me.

Later
Bat

Old 09-12-2002, 01:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Forlix here is something that may just be up your alley. You are apparently schooled in the art of building things and this may assist in the towing department. It is something I have had on my mind for a while but dont have the tools or knowhow to do. Once you get that new WW take the goose neck off an old trailer and weld it on to the frame of the trailer!!! Now you have a fifth wheel insted of a bumper pull set up. I think this would be a neet way to go and you could also build in some storage for gas cans, tires ect. What do you think or am I just way off base????

Old 09-12-2002, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

A good tandem axle trailer with an equalizer hitch and the right tow rig can be just as easy to pull as a fifth wheel. Plus it is a lot easier to hitch and unhitch, has a lower profile which gets better gas mileage and leaves the bed of the truck free for whatever.
.....I just closed the deal on a FK-21 with genset, pump station, CD, spare tire, battery, rear stabilizer jacks, for $17,995 everything included, delivered to Yuma AZ. Mike at TravelOn RV beat Giant RV's price by a couple of bucks and with a $150 delivery fee to Yuma. Giant wanted $460 to deliver to Tucson. I pick it up mid- October. Tax and license in New Mexico is cheap.
....I will let you all know how everything fits! LOL

Old 09-13-2002, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider

Pink Coral too. We really liked it better than Sand Mountain, plus it's closer. We can make Pink Coral in a day's drive pretty easy. What about Moab? How about a little earlier this year, like early June.
.....Since we will have Air Conditioning it will make for a much more pleasurable trip. We be stylin'!

Old 09-13-2002, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

Friday the 13th is looking good. Got a call from TravelOn RV, the FK-21 will be in earlier than expected, I can pick it up in two weeks, Seems he already ordered this one, only difference is I get the flood lights thrown in for free.