CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Drag Challenge? Maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag Challenge? Maybe?

Not that I want to get in the middle of things, but I here that a member or two is still wondering who is quicker.

How about a nuetral play ground, were this can be settled and we can have some fun at the same time.

Las Vegas Motor Speedway for some pavement action in round one. Friday, March 21, 5:30P.M.-9:30P.M.

Party in Vegas that night, and have some fun.

I offer my shop to swap over to sand set ups the next day, and then off to Dumont.

Round two would be at Comp hill on Saturday afternoon and evening.

No one can claim home field advantage, and we can have some fun.

Besides, then I can get in on it too, since I don't have time or money to go anywere else.

Just an idea that I thought I would throw out there. Anyone got any thoughts about it? One location, both types of racing. Flat paved drags and dune hill shooting.

Old 02-26-2003, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

the asphalt racing sounds fun. but why should i have to do all the travling? i might could make the LV trip but then back home.

do you have a crank i can barrow for this race? i can mail it back to you?

Old 02-26-2003, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

Dont worry about the crank steve.

Old 02-27-2003, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

I figured that the Dumont part would be a simple day trip from here in Vegas.

I'm not taking any sides in this. I've met AZ, and he is a nice guy. I have no problems with DSMike, we have never met.

I just figured that this would be a good chance for any disputes to be settled with no one having any advantage.

One rider seams to prefer flat drags. One rider prefers hill shooting. This location will allows both, on consecutive days, with minimal travel. Heck, we can put all three quads on my flat trailer and "car pool" out to dumont, I'll drive.

Not to mention, we can have some fun in Vegas between rounds and after all is done.

To tell the truth, I just want some quads to come to the drag strip with me, so I can stop beeting up on Mustangs and Camaros. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Sorry, no spare cranks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

I know that it's further from you Mike, than it is from AZ, but it's got both types of racing in a close locality. It's just an idea.

Old 02-27-2003, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

KNUTS Please check your PM

And in ATV Drag Tracks in California How old do you have to be and do you show driver liscens?

Old 02-27-2003, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know about ATV drag tracks, but at the drag stip in Palmdale [L.A. County] you have to be 16 to race anything more than a Junior Dragster.

LVMS is a NHRA track, so those rules apply, but they have been really cool about chain gaurds, if you know what I mean[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If either of the concerned parties needs a teather switch, I'll install it for free [it only takes about 10 minutes] as long as you supply or pay for the switch, and I do it the proper way.

Old 02-27-2003, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider

knutz i won't be able to travel that far right now. i look it up on map quest 22 hours for me. sorry. i would love to come race on a big track like that.

how is the 1/8 mile racing going for you? its fun!

Old 02-27-2003, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

I haven't been riding for quite some time, and the March race looks like the next time I'll get to the track. In the times I've been out there, only a couple of quads have shown up, and they were not any real competition. None have ever come out a second time. Due to that, I run the quarter, so I can at least race cars. The 1/8 mile times I told you a while ago were the splits from my 1/4 mile runs. If I had some competition, I could get the track to set the lights for the eigth for us, and I would gear down a bit to improve my times.

I understand the travel problems. It was just a selfish idea I had, so I could play too. Oh well, it didn't hurt to ask.

Old 02-27-2003, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

it was a good idea but alittle to far for me. i didn't think vegas was that far away. ou should try to get down to snake hunt this year. its all drags that weekend. the place will be packed.

i hope to get some very low 7.'s in the 1/8 this year at about 90MPH. i have changed alot of stuff around since my 7.5's. the track will be opening up soon so i can get down there and start playing.

Old 02-27-2003, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

I would love to come down to Snake Hunt, but it's not going to happen this year for sure. I have some people that I have to pay back, and trips like that are out of the question untill then.