Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

What bolts to Locktite on FX-150 mkII

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What bolts to Locktite on FX-150 mkII

I have 2 of them, one is adjusted just fine, starts on the first try from cold and idles great, the second needs the carb reajusted as I have a little problem keeping it idling when cold. They both run strong and have ample power to pull up over anything we encountered. Very good runners and no broken parts yet.

No problems with the gears or the intake so far, we don't have a lot of hours on them yet and I'll be swapping out the airboxes for K&N filters in the near future anyway. Just changed the fluids and I noticed a difference in the way they perform, those break-in fluids are very cheap!

Can't really tell you about speed at this point, haven't run them against our Suzuki 160 as the HOA frowns on this sort of activity [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Don't know about the 90's if they are as good or better but another poster might [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Since I bought 2 I was able to save on shipping so my price was a lower but the base price for the units I bought at was $1450 shipped to the house.

Old 03-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer

thanx for the info ill fight on the price alittle and just a little info that oil in them when yougot yours if it was still in the crate and you assembled it its not break n oil its just the cheapest oil they could buy enough to stop any inside rust next time drain and fill with good oil before you even start it

whats a HOA?

thanx again

redcat kmx 50
redcat rfx70
redcat kmx 110
and wed a redcat rfx 150mkII
suzuki lt 50

Old 03-27-2005, 03:58 AM
Trailblazer

Home Owners Association [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2005, 01:02 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally posted by: KCRiderFX-150, it mentioned that a 30 teeth sprocket was installed.That definitely will result in a slower bike, if you put on a 23 tooth sprocket that should raise the top end significantly. Can anyone validate my logic?

How difficult is it to swap out the axle sprockets, what is involved?

Thanks!
If you switch from a 30 th rear sprocket to a 23 th you will definitely get a higher top speed. If the engine can pull the taller gearing. That is fairly extreme gearing change. I would start with a 3-4 tooth change. Unless this quad came with the wrong sprocket from the factory.You will definitely lose a bit of acceleration with a 7 tooth change. I would think it would be pretty easy to change by removing a wheel hub and sliding the sprocket hub off the axle. You would have to remove the chain too. May want to loosen sprocket bolts on the quad so you can use the rear brake to hold sprocket still while loosening the bolts.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

Mine actually runs great and I paid 1375 total for it but I do not recommend the people that I got it from at all. (See previous forum) I highly recommend John at Raceway he has been great to me and was willing to help me with warranty stuff that the original guy could not. I found out too late about him. My only complaint is that it only goes 24mph. Everyone says it should go faster but I have 2 150 MKII and they are both identical speeds. It is not governed down and the engine runs real strong. I personally believe that it is an internal gearing issue but I am still waiting on some one who has one to correct me and give me some facts about items such as sprocket to wheel ratios and clutch to wheel ratios. I think I have it sold though to someone with younger kids that is not looking for speed.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer

Both of mine came with 26 teeth sprockets. I think it would need a 6 tooth sprocket to get mine to go 45-50. 14 front 26 rear.

Old 03-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

TurboMike / John

I unfortunately read your forum to late. I got my atv from the same guy (high rpm racer), with the exact same problem. Maybe high rpm racer had some bad atv's. It sounds like its moving, but it runs somewhere between 20-25mph wide open. I have been in contact with high rpm racer several times. The results have been no parts, no help, and no atv running 35-45mph. Does anyone have one that runs 35-45mph? Mine came with a 26-tooth sprocket as well, and I changed all the oils before running it also. I have asked him about getting a 23-tooth sprocket, but he is acting like they don’t make one. I really don’t know where to go to from here. Are you sure there not Kh rather than mph?

Old 03-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thats very odd because my sons 110 will do 35. You figure the bigger better quad would go faster. Did you take the clutch cover off to see how it operates? I think if you went with a different sprocket to make it have more top speed it would kill the bottom end and power of the motor.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer

That was my thinking too. But now I think that maybe because the 110's are the manual tranny they might be faster. The 150 is fully auto. Yeah I pulled the clutch cover off and put it on blocks. Both clutches change and the belt slides accordingly. It alot like the Polaris. I was hoping for someone else that has one and is positive theirs goes faster than 25 to pull off the clutch cover as well and tell me how many rotations the clutch turns to get one revolution of the tire. Mine is 17. I truly believe this is an internal gearing issue. These motors run great and the clutches are turning way faster than the sprockets. I am stuck too with no help from high rpm racer either. I have seen other websites advertising 50+ mph. So I still sit and wonder what the heck is wrong with mine or have they truly tested what they are advertising. Maybe they are assuming that it just goes faster than the 110's because it is bigger just like I did.

Old 03-29-2005, 01:33 AM
Trailblazer

your gears have to be bad a 70 can go faster than 24 MPH
do it go into rev ?
have you checked the 14 mm bolt on the side of the machine for oil this is a hidden oil area not mentioned in the manual it s the one on the trans side next to the black cover but it does NOT hold the cover on open that and see if there is oil in there
i will put mine together tommorrow its still out in the crate and see how fast it goes i have had a kmx-150 and that one goes 42 MPH with an average sized person on it i am guessing that these should be going around 45

sprockets on the old kmx 150s you could use the kmx 110 gears for a different range dont know maybe the new 110s interchange with the new 150s

just a thought

Quick Reply: What bolts to Locktite on FX-150 mkII