Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Jetmoto 150 drain plug question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto 150 drain plug question

I picked up a 150 today and was putting together tonight. I noticed it has a couple drain plugs under the motor, one just a plug and the other one with the spring and screen in it. I also noticed at the back on the left year on the transmission part of the case there is a small drain plug. I looks like the trans/reverse case is all conected with the engine crackcase and doesn't need to be drained??? Also does the engine have to be running for the head and tail lights to work?

Old 01-15-2008, 12:45 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

The one with the spring abd screen is the "filter". The gear box for the CVT uses gear oil in it. I replaced it with 90wt. The headlight and tail light should work with the engine off. Unless the battery is real dead.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

The one with the spring abd screen is the "filter". The gear box for the CVT uses gear oil in it. I replaced it with 90wt. The headlight and tail light should work with the engine off. Unless the battery is real dead.</end quote></div>

Well where the heck do you fill it up then and check the level??? I can't see any place off hand. My jet don't start also!!!!!!!! Have spark, I'm going to pull the carb off and see whats up in there.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:08 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

There should be a filler cap with a dip stick sticking out on the right(throttle) side of the engine. Before pulling off the carb...check for gas flow at the line. The stock filters sometimes collapse and slow down gas flow.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

There should be a filler cap with a dip stick sticking out on the right(throttle) side of the engine. Before pulling off the carb...check for gas flow at the line. The stock filters sometimes collapse and slow down gas flow.</end quote></div>

Got it going I left it sit and went back out and it started to catch. Suspect the gel pack in the carb was causing grief. I left it idle for a 5-10 minutes in the shop and all seems well now.

As for the trans oil this quad must be different. AS all I can see is the filler cap/dipstick for the engine oil on the right side. Maybe the 07 with the reverse gear box on the engine is different then your 06 150 with it on the reverse box on the rear axel.

Got the headlights working. A couple pin connectors were pushed out the plug coming from the headlight switch where it connects uner the tank.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:51 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Sawyer

Got it going I left it sit and went back out and it started to catch. Suspect the gel pack in the carb was causing grief. I left it idle for a 5-10 minutes in the shop and all seems well now.

As for the trans oil this quad must be different. AS all I can see is the filler cap/dipstick for the engine oil on the right side. Maybe the 07 with the reverse gear box on the engine is different then your 06 150 with it on the reverse box on the rear axel.

Got the headlights working. A couple pin connectors were pushed out the plug coming from the headlight switch where it connects uner the tank.</end quote></div>

Thats usually how it goes. Let it idle a bit and its good to go.

You meant the CVT gearbox? I read to fast. I was thinking engine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Seems to me its under the belt cover, but might be on top. Its a normal bolt, like a drain bolt. Not like the engine filler/dipstick. Im going to my shop for a couple of hours. My 150 is down there, I'll take a look and let you know.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

150cc JetMoto has been a $1299 BUST!!! since we purchased it 6 months ago for my sister. DON'T REMOVE THAT OIL DRAIN PLUG ALL THE WAY BECAUSE YOU'LL NEVER GET IT BACK IN. I can't remember if it's the exhaust pipe and/or the frame will get in your way. I hope you have better luck with your purchase than we did with ours.

In fairness... I did not purchase from Raceway. This other company does have decent customer service, however: once you take delivery your stuck with it.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Polaris911

150cc JetMoto has been a $1299 BUST!!! since we purchased it 6 months ago for my sister. DON'T REMOVE THAT OIL DRAIN PLUG ALL THE WAY BECAUSE YOU'LL NEVER GET IT BACK IN. I can't remember if it's the exhaust pipe and/or the frame will get in your way. I hope you have better luck with your purchase than we did with ours.

In fairness... I did not purchase from Raceway. This other company does have decent customer service, however: once you take delivery your stuck with it.</end quote></div>

Was your's a 2007 model??

If you check my pictures I posted the drain plug in question at the rear of the engine/trans case.

So far our jet 150 has been good. But we've only run a couple tanks of fuel through it so far. I have some issues with it that could be improved on. I'll write a full review after we've put some miles on it.