Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Why go with Raceway?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008 | 10:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why go with Raceway?

glad I could try to help. normally when people have 20 or less posts on the site. and all they do is start bashing we start to wonder about the person. I did look up the posts by you and see alot of positive feed back about raceway. sorry I couldent help more. let raceway see the parts and take lots of pics of the quad to show you take care of it see what they do. please keep us posted
goodluck

Old 02-26-2008 | 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RacewayATV

BUGGYBOY, yes I know who you are for sure and I know you have been calling me for some time about rubber components not holding up on your ATV, I am still working on this for you. Unfortunately the owner and Jetmoto does not feel like these parts are warranty parts, for the most part we have not had this problem on our units, if we keep getting a complaint about the same problem we always take a step to fix it if we can. I know that comment does not help your needs but I will get with them again tomorrow and at the least I will get you a price you can live with for the replacements! (I Hope [img][/img])</end quote></div>

thanks for chimeing in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2008 | 10:23 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BUGGYBOY
I mean my goodness 6 months on the rubber parts that is BS. </end quote></div>

What is interesting to me is you claiming the quad is only 6 mos old. Darn near a year according to your bumpsteer question thread. (posted 3-27-07)

Or maybe you have been trying to get replacement parts for 6 mos?

Sorry Im kinda confused.

Old 02-26-2008 | 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

I agree the Rubber on these Jetmoto's are Junk! And I am just guessing it's pretty much the same with most of the Chinese quads. I also am trying to decide what to do about the parts. If you replace it with the same Junk Rubber 6 months from now you will be fighting it again! These Rubber parts should last many years even with no care. I have seen motorcycles and atv's that have set out for years and are in better condition then my 1 year old Jetmotos. The plastic has faded and the Rubber parts are cracking. If Jetmoto want's to be seen as the Best Chinese Manufacturer/Importer then they need to address these issues and up the quality. I also have taken good care of my quads washing them and covering them when they are not being rode but have not been able to store them inside.
I will be uncovering the quads with in a few weeks to see how they held up with the winter temperatures and will have to start replacing what needs to be fixed.
I will document all of it also as I have already done on my web site! I will also document the good as well as my videos of the upcoming summer's outings so everyone can see the good as well as the bad.

Oh ya my Battery straps and the tool strap on all 4 quads lasted a whopping one month!

Old 02-26-2008 | 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

Can we get back the question at hand. I'm not sure getting a crated ATV is the right thing for most people to do. We have a lady who is questioning if putting together two ATVs for her daughters is good. I am not into questioning anyone's mechanical ability or strength. But who is going to pickup the chassis up out of the crate and going to throw it up on a milk crate to get the suspension bolts in? And get the cotter keys put into the ball joints bolts that were left out? And figure out the fuse holder is not put together correctly that is why there is no power to anything?

I don't have a quality issue of the product, just the means of assembly. I recommend finding a local dealer of JetMoto who puts them together for an additional $100-150. It would be money well spent. All of the big 4-5-6 or how ever many major manufacturers there are this week; will not sell atvs in the crate and include a check off list for the tech person to inspect before delivery.

This is what I feel is the biggest down fall of internet sales. Raceway is no exception. They know people complain of no assembly instructions and yet do not include any with their sales. It would not be difficult for them to tell one of their assembly persons to write down every step as they assemble store stock. Then just include that list with each sale. I'm sure Raceway spends a large amount of time answering questions about assembly by judging the posts on this website. And it would be a good sales point for Raceway to state they include a step by step assembly instruction and quality check list with every sale. I think it might even make a few more sales for them.

Old 02-27-2008 | 12:05 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Wow thanks so much for all the input so far, and yeah, I have been researching these things for quite awhile, and still confused about what I hear about them. I think everyone for their point of veiw, that is what I posted for so thanks for all your information.

Well I am pretty independent when it comes to getting things done, and i am quite sure I am capable of getting it put together when/if I order one over the net. I got the just of changing the oil right away and tightening everything up and what not before even starting it up. I am not worried about that part actually, more of if I maintain and take good care of them, well they hold up and not fall apart on a nice sunny day that we want to go riding. I can always bribe someone with a 12 pack and help me lift it too, I am sure, haha.

They aren't going to be riding hard and abusing them, I think, lol, mostly to take along camping or out fishing, just something to do, go for a ride. If I could afford a honda or yamaha, sure I would go with that, but it seemly isn't workable for me. Oh and I am from western ND where there isn't too much for dealerships around here, what they do have they have the same thing from the net and triple the dang cost and that is what got me to thinking of ordering from on the net in the first place.

Okay the thing with raceway is they are a couple of hundred more than close to the same thing from other dealers, so I take it they upgrade a few things to have a bit better quality to them?

Oh and lol, I am scared about them condoms being made from over their too, lol. I would have responded earlier but had to work late, although I kept checking my post and had to smile on you guys, hehe, thought I started something.

Old 02-27-2008 | 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Broncogirl89

Oh and lol, I am scared about them condoms being made from over their too, lol. I would have responded earlier but had to work late, although I kept checking my post and had to smile on you guys, hehe, thought I started something.</end quote></div>

it helps to have a sence of humor. what ever you chose to get we all will be here to give you a helping hand. just ask.

Old 02-27-2008 | 09:29 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

LOL at the condom reply. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I just hope nothing falls off while using a chinese condom. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2008 | 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

now that there is funny!!!!

Old 02-27-2008 | 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Loc tight those nuts and there should not be a problem!

I know, I know that was bad!

Quick Reply: Why go with Raceway?