Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Why go with Raceway?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008 | 11:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why go with Raceway?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: outofline

Loc tight those nuts and there should not be a problem!

I know, I know that was bad!</end quote></div>

lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2008 | 11:38 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Once again, I seem to be using the wrong sized tool. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2008 | 12:07 PM
Range Rover

Hey Buggy, What kind of cover do you cover your atv with? If its sitting outside with a cover that will not breath, it could be part or all of the problem from condensation & drying, some rubber could have a hard time with this after a short while. Just a guess, trying to help.

Old 02-28-2008 | 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

A response on the Chinese rubber. Having worked with a guy from B@SF; its the lack of and / or not enough of the special "Additives" that go into the liquid rubber batch, that give each batch it's special properties - like UV resistance, flexibility, ozone resistance, etc, etc. These additives cost A LOT from a Chinese perspective - so they don't or won't use them. Perhaps the answer might be (for Eugene) to just buy the rubber components from Japan, like he had to do with the nuts & bolts hardware and carberator. Some things the Chinese just are NOT good at - so to still use their strengths, you just have to find other solutions.

Old 02-28-2008 | 02:25 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

From what I understand after talking with John at RaceWay this morning. MR BUGGYBOY has been given 2 options.....He can return ALL the defective rubber parts and get free replacements or he can buy ALL of the rubber parts for $100.00.

Seems reasonable to me...

Its been a while since Ive made this comment so here goes.

I gotta wonder if you can go to the SUVConnection forum and read about people who bought a KIA Sportage and are upset its not the same quality as their neighbors BMW SUV?

Old 02-28-2008 | 02:51 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

I guess the bushing squeak I've had in my Polaris since I bought it should have been covered in a recall.

Old 02-28-2008 | 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

From what I understand after talking with John at RaceWay this morning. MR BUGGYBOY has been given 2 options.....He can return ALL the defective rubber parts and get free replacements or he can buy ALL of the rubber parts for $100.00.

Seems reasonable to me...

Its been a while since Ive made this comment so here goes.

I gotta wonder if you can go to the SUVConnection forum and read about people who bought a KIA Sportage and are upset its not the same quality as their neighbors BMW SUV?</end quote></div>

You know my atv's are coming up on 3 years old now and I really haven't noticed any big problem with the rubber parts so far other then a battery strap on the one quad. Still have the same fuel hoses and what not too.

Its an inexpensive ATV I don't think any one here is saying its built the same as a honda.

Heck I know guys that drop $10 grand on a new quad then take off the stock tires and rims and put them on the shelf in their garage. Then they drop another grand on new rubber and rims. I wonder if they bitch about the crappy cheap tires their new Yamaha or Suzuki comes with from the factory!

Old 02-28-2008 | 03:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my son a 110 Ducar had starting problems every time out it broke down so I replaced it with another 110 chinese made I am now $3200 trying to save money and my son is riding on the back of my quad at the end of every weekend out for 2 summers now he has not went one full ride on his own quad both quads are in my garage not running right now and I am looking to purchase a new one for this summers riding season and no it will not be a chinese made quad.

Old 02-28-2008 | 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

I have a ducar 110 too! The biggest issue I had was the motor mounts and the side gear box which seem to be good now.

Hey whats wrong with them maybe we can help you out and get you going??

Old 03-01-2008 | 12:00 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Hey thanks everyone for your help, from both sides, lol, I simply just can't afford dropping big bucks on a new big brand atv, and believe i have been looking at used ones, they still want way too much for them here IMHO. I think it makes sense if you maintaine the chinese made atv's properly, they should be able to last for a couple of years, and well with any brand your bound to have issues.

I just get overload when looking at all the different sites online that sell them, so I am very cautious with ordering from the right place. I plan on getting them this spring when the weather is warmer to set them up and give them a good try out. Of course now I need to find a trailer to pull them on too, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] just can't fit in the back of my Bronco.

Quick Reply: Why go with Raceway?