Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Mail order ATV on it's way..

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations on that one!

Old 01-14-2010, 05:15 AM
Range Rover

Thanks guys. Aaron, great advice. I'll have at it soon. It was kind of funny hauling the 'crate' home in the back of my vehicle. It's a ~30mi ride home from work for me on roads of varying conditions. The crate was clanking, rattling and squeaking enough that I thought a Chinese dude was going to pop out of the box. Herrro! SURPRISE!! (or suplize?) It's not even out of the box and there's an issue that just occurred to me. They sent me the 110D model, when in fact I ordered a 110D1. Hmmm.. It's just a matter of a plastic cover for the front. I'll have to call them.

Joel

Old 01-14-2010, 09:16 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks for all the updates OneTenCC. Looking forward to the pics..which one is better the one you got, or the one you ordered?

aaronrkelly, Can you really change the oil. loctite all the smaller fasteners, check all the bolts, make adjustments and assemble a ATV in 1/2 hour? Only reason I ask is 2 hrs is about the quickest Ive ever put one together..but I check every bolt and or adjustment..

Old 01-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Thanks for all the updates OneTenCC. Looking forward to the pics..which one is better the one you got, or the one you ordered?

aaronrkelly, Can you really change the oil. loctite all the smaller fasteners, check all the bolts, make adjustments and assemble a ATV in 1/2 hour? Only reason I ask is 2 hrs is about the quickest Ive ever put one together..but I check every bolt and or adjustment..
Not check all the fasteners....and I have my buddy help. But yeah, we can put on together and change the oil in 30 mins or damn close. There really isnt much assembly....put on the tires, bars and put the battery in. Atleast thats all thats required on the ones Ive put together.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:48 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by aaronrkelly
Not check all the fasteners....and I have my buddy help. But yeah, we can put on together and change the oil in 30 mins or damn close. There really isnt much assembly....put on the tires, bars and put the battery in. Atleast thats all thats required on the ones Ive put together.
To just assemble and change oil that sounds about right...

Old 01-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

Ya I was kind of wondering the same. Sure you can do it in a half hr. but to really go over it and do a proper PDI like on they do on say a Jap quad takes time. Checking bolt torques, loctite bolts, check or adjust front wheel alignment ,tire pressures, and so on it takes a bit of time. The more time you spend on the PDI the less hassel you seem to have later on. The all seem to be different. My BAJA 90 I bought was actually pretty good, it was 1/2hr - 45 min, and it was running and not much for issues down the road. My other ones needed a more time.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:07 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by Sawyer
Ya I was kind of wondering the same. Sure you can do it in a half hr. but to really go over it and do a proper PDI like on they do on say a Jap quad takes time. Checking bolt torques, loctite bolts, check or adjust front wheel alignment ,tire pressures, and so on it takes a bit of time. The more time you spend on the PDI the less hassel you seem to have later on. The all seem to be different. My BAJA 90 I bought was actually pretty good, it was 1/2hr - 45 min, and it was running and not much for issues down the road. My other ones needed a more time.

The kids quads are a lot easier than the large ATV's.. but I must have spent 45 minutes taking all the 6mm fasteners out of plastic and brackets and putting loctite on the little utilities.. My advice would be for everyone to do the same..Much easier to do all the work while its clean/new and in the shop/garage.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

The kids quads are a lot easier than the large ATV's.. but I must have spent 45 minutes taking all the 6mm fasteners out of plastic and brackets and putting loctite on the little utilities.. My advice would be for everyone to do the same..Much easier to do all the work while its clean/new and in the shop/garage.
Yes I agree. I did the same on the Jet 150 and everything that I put loctite on never rattle out to this day 2 years later.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Range Rover

I think I'll drag it into the living room. 25°F is too cold to work in the garage.

Name:  002-2.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  81.6 KB
Name:  003-1.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  94.1 KB
Name:  004-1.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  105.2 KB
Name:  005-1.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  106.6 KB
Name:  006-1.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  96.1 KB

Joel

Old 01-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm impressed with the shipping frame. You should reconfigure it into a trailer for the quad...lol.

Quick Reply: Mail order ATV on it's way..