Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Mail order ATV on it's way..

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mail order ATV on it's way..

I placed the order right around the 1st of December. This particular outfit allows you to make payments, when it's paid-off, the unit ships. I'd have to say this place is sporadic in regards to phone call and email availability. The first time I called them, I was put on hold for so long I eventually hung up. The next day I got "all circuits are busy". The was all around New Year's and I know their was weather issues then (still is). When I finally got through another time, I was told there was an issue where one of my online payments didn't 'take'. I had to do it again. Problem solved. Prior to that, two emails I sent them went completely unanswered. One a tech question, the other a billing question (the issue above). I did get a confirmation email stating the ATV was on it's way and on 1/8/10 I did get another confirmation stating they used Old Dominion freight and got a tracking number. It looks like the unit is on it's way from Carrollton TX to Columbus OH, then it goes from Columbus to Buffalo. Estimated arrival time is 1/13/10. Interestingly enough, the Old Dominion freight terminal is right around the corner from where I work. Worst case I might be able to slide the crate in the back of one of our vehicles (Honda Odyssey, Hyundai Santa Fe.. Yes I know, that's what 4,6 and 8yr/olds do to you), but supposedly they call to setup a drop-off right to the house. I'll take pics of how it looks crated, unpacked, etc.. I purchased from BudgetATVs, the unit hopefully will be an ATA-110D1.

Joel

Old 01-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

They will call you to setup delivery - done this same thing with those exact shippers before with great results. Im not really impressed with the way they are handling customer relations though - the outfits I've bought from in the past were great.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new quad. Sounds like you had to jump through some hoops.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by BioWare
Congrats on the new quad. Sounds like you had to jump through some hoops.
Thanks. The transaction isn't complete yet, but I guess I'd call them OK at this point. They seem pretty good handling online only transactions, grabbing your cash and shipping out your order. 'People skills' are lacking though. If you want or need human interaction, this isn't the route to go. To use I buzz word I can't stand; "It is what it is". A ~$650 mail-order quad. You get what you pay for.

Joel

Old 01-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Well if it ends up going south Ive bought from USA ATVs in the past with great results.....even during the Christmas rush.

There similar ATV is priced at $580

My son beat on one of there ATVs for 3 years.....didnt have but maybe 2 or 3 repairs needed.....and it was standard Chinese ATV stuff. It got replaced for the most part because it sounds like a rattle trip going across the back yard, I think every bushing in the thing is worn out. Ive still got it but its relegate to loaner status.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Range Rover

wow never heard of these what is the web site thx looks good for 600$

Old 01-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by aaronrkelly
Well if it ends up going south Ive bought from USA ATVs in the past with great results.....even during the Christmas rush.

There similar ATV is priced at $580
There's so many darn variations in the plastic, it's tough to differentiate the darn things! Are USA ATVs Taotao? I know Budget's version of the one you pictured is the ATA-110F1.

The 110D1 I ordered for a whopping $10 more (huge spender) is listed as having a "wider wheel base" than the above and "advanced dual A-arm suspension". The power of $10.

Joel

Old 01-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by OneTenCC
There's so many darn variations in the plastic, it's tough to differentiate the darn things! Are USA ATVs Taotao? I know Budget's version of the one you pictured is the ATA-110F1.

The 110D1 I ordered for a whopping $10 more (huge spender) is listed as having a "wider wheel base" than the above and "advanced dual A-arm suspension". The power of $10.

Joel
I dont know what USA ATVs are now....when I ordered them they were Eagle Brand.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Range Rover

My quad made it to the shipping terminal early this morning. Since the place is literally 1/4mi from where I work I scooted out and picked it up this afternoon instead of setting up a drop-off date at the house. It slid right in the back of my Hyundai (w/ rear seats folded) no problems at all. I won't have a chance to unpack and set it up for a few days, but it appears to be packed well and undamaged from it's long journey. Its packed in like a jigsaw puzzle within a welded angle iron shipping frame, then covered with plastic, then covered w/ a heavy cardboard box. I man handled it myself from the back of my car, tilted it out on to a set of car ramps and slid it onto the garage floor. Supposedly it's around 250lbs packed. Kids dunno about it yet! Will post pics when I get a chance to touch it in a day or so.

Joel

Old 01-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by OneTenCC
My quad made it to the shipping terminal early this morning. Since the place is literally 1/4mi from where I work I scooted out and picked it up this afternoon instead of setting up a drop-off date at the house. It slid right in the back of my Hyundai (w/ rear seats folded) no problems at all. I won't have a chance to unpack and set it up for a few days, but it appears to be packed well and undamaged from it's long journey. Its packed in like a jigsaw puzzle within a welded angle iron shipping frame, then covered with plastic, then covered w/ a heavy cardboard box. I man handled it myself from the back of my car, tilted it out on to a set of car ramps and slid it onto the garage floor. Supposedly it's around 250lbs packed. Kids dunno about it yet! Will post pics when I get a chance to touch it in a day or so.

Joel
Even if you dont have time to setup the whole thing crack her open and pull the battery out. It needs to be filled and charge properly....might as well be charging now.

My first one took me about 2 hours to put together....last time I did it in about 30 mins. The directions usually suck big.....you will likely spend more time deciphering the instructions then doing any actual work. Its definitely not difficult. Grease/lube everything well when you put it together and you may want to pickup some Loctite to use during assembly. If any other bolts look loose while your putting it together go ahead and remove them, Loctite and re-assemble.

I also HIGHLY recommend draining the junk oil they ship in these out and putting better oil in....which in all honesty would be about ANYTHING. I personally use Rotella in my stuff but its a personal choice and you will hear 5 suggestions from 5 different people......but everyone will agree that the oil thats in there is crap.

Quick Reply: Mail order ATV on it's way..