Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Mail order ATV on it's way..

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronrkelly
I think I remember something about them shipping them disconnected for some lame safety reason......something to do with the reason why no other kids quads have headlights....dont remember what it is though.
I still can't figure that **** out. I found the only fuse holder on the machine and managed to shatter the spare fuse inside trying to open the darn thing. The fuse that's in place meters fine. I tried calling Budget ATVs today to see if they could guide me in the right direction, email me an accurate wiring diagram, etc. A girl answered, told me their 2 Techs were currently with customers. She took a message. I never got a callback. When it gets warmer out and I have the time (and patience), I'll pull the plastic body so I can get at the wiring easier. It's a freaking nightmare trying to get in there on a tiny quad. BTW, I had to throw the battery charger on it today because it was 18degF out, but it fired right up and ran excellent.

Joel

Old 01-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by OneTenCC
I still can't figure that **** out. I found the only fuse holder on the machine and managed to shatter the spare fuse inside trying to open the darn thing. The fuse that's in place meters fine. I tried calling Budget ATVs today to see if they could guide me in the right direction, email me an accurate wiring diagram, etc. A girl answered, told me their 2 Techs were currently with customers. She took a message. I never got a callback. When it gets warmer out and I have the time (and patience), I'll pull the plastic body so I can get at the wiring easier. It's a freaking nightmare trying to get in there on a tiny quad. BTW, I had to throw the battery charger on it today because it was 18degF out, but it fired right up and ran excellent.

Joel

I hate these crap fuse holders they use. I had a starting issue and found the fuse popped out of place and caused the issue. I think Radio Shack has different fuse holders that will be much better to use. I work in an industrial enviroment and used an Allen Bradley fuse holder that will never "pop" loose or give issues. Little upgrades will prevent big problems later. Worth the time to improve!

Old 01-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by youngnbald
I hate these crap fuse holders they use. I had a starting issue and found the fuse popped out of place and caused the issue. I think Radio Shack has different fuse holders that will be much better to use. I work in an industrial enviroment and used an Allen Bradley fuse holder that will never "pop" loose or give issues. Little upgrades will prevent big problems later. Worth the time to improve!
I like to use these type of spade fuse holders, I always have these fuses laying around. This type comes with a little rubber cover too.

Attached Thumbnails Mail order ATV on it's way..-waterproof_atc_fuse_holder.jpg  
Old 01-22-2010, 07:52 AM
Range Rover

Pull apart and check every connection up front. I have the same exact model and I had a cracked connector internally. I pulled everyone apart to fill with diaelectric grease after that. Never had an issue with the atv besides that and the chain loosened up last time we went riding. It was very easy to tighten up on the spot even with the cheap tool kit they supply you with. I had to make minor adjustments to the idle a few times because it would stall here and there. Other than that my nephew has a blast on it and it seems to be reliable for now. Oh ya, get rid of that factory oil they use and put some fresh valvoline 4 stroke in it. You will notice that the oil gets black after one ride so change it frequently. Good luck and hope I was able to help

Check out my youtube channel below it has a ton of videos of him riding his 110D. That quad really flies for cheap chinese quad!
YouTube - bluttered's Channel

Old 01-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Range Rover

I've unclipped and reseated all the connectors I could reach. There's some that are bunched up and zip-tied. Color coding changes at connections which aids in the confusion . Plus the headlamps have so darn many multi-switch settings; High/Low beams. Lowers only, cyclops only or both, or just the amber cyclops running light. Word to self. Self?? When ordering a kids quad. NO HEADLIGHTS. I doesn't really matter if they work or not, but if they're there, it'll bug me 'till they work. Good suggestions on the fuse holders. I like that rubber one. Youngnbald, I'm also familiar with 'Milton-Bradley' systems in an industrial setting. That's what runs most of our air separation plants (at work).

Joel

Old 01-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by OneTenCC
I've unclipped and reseated all the connectors I could reach. There's some that are bunched up and zip-tied. Color coding changes at connections which aids in the confusion . Plus the headlamps have so darn many multi-switch settings; High/Low beams. Lowers only, cyclops only or both, or just the amber cyclops running light. Word to self. Self?? When ordering a kids quad. NO HEADLIGHTS. I doesn't really matter if they work or not, but if they're there, it'll bug me 'till they work. Good suggestions on the fuse holders. I like that rubber one. Youngnbald, I'm also familiar with 'Milton-Bradley' systems in an industrial setting. That's what runs most of our air separation plants (at work).

Joel
I'll pull the atv out later today or tomorrow morning before I bring my nephew riding and snap some close-up shots of the wiring up front. I don't recall any color code change in wiring but could be wrong. I do have a few wires out of the harness that have female connectors on them but were not connected to anything. (not sure why but everything works).

Old 01-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by youngnbald
Being the biggest cheap *** on earth, here is another dirt cheap source of many auto grade electrical parts - your local pick and pull.

Take a pair of wire cutters and have at it. Any given car in the heap is full of inline fuses which are industrial strength. They may not be waterproof but vastly stronger than the Chinacheap brand.

One other thing would be to add a small section of shrink wrap tubing over the connection. This would make it waterproof and also add a lot of strength so it won't pull off accidentally.

Do something green and recycle!

Old 01-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by windtrader
Being the biggest cheap *** on earth, here is another dirt cheap source of many auto grade electrical parts - your local pick and pull.

Take a pair of wire cutters and have at it. Any given car in the heap is full of inline fuses which are industrial strength. They may not be waterproof but vastly stronger than the Chinacheap brand.

One other thing would be to add a small section of shrink wrap tubing over the connection. This would make it waterproof and also add a lot of strength so it won't pull off accidentally.

Do something green and recycle!
I do the same thing lol!! When building certain things I've salvaged many electrical compontents like contectors, relays, fuses, fuseholders etc. from the local pick and pull.