Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Kazuma Redcat 110cc Valve adjustment & Carb Adj & Bushing? Need HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma Redcat 110cc Valve adjustment & Carb Adj & Bushing? Need HELP!

Hey guys, i'm new here. HELLO!

SO I picked up a little 2005 Kazuma Redcat 110cc. I believe the valves need adjustment but I have no idea where to start to do that or what they need to be adjusted to, or how to adjust them, but I am pretty mechanically inclined so i'm up for the job? It cuts out and bogs down a lot and it's hard to stay idling without bliping the throttle thats why I assume it needs valve adjustment.

Next problem just came up. Also I had a problem starting it, found out the Carb was pulled away from the motor because of this little black donut looking gasket/grommet/tube? Whatever it is it does not seal well so I either need a new one or need to find a way to high temp adhese it to it. The guy I bought it from had a wire wrapped all around the motor and it loks like crap. The lip for this thing to go on is tiny so no wonder it keeps coming off. I have the carb out cleaning it with carb cleaner, didn;t look to bad but I sprayed the crap out of it with carb cleaner and i'm taking it all apart to spray it all out. DO I need to adjust the screws inside the carb?

I also noticed or didn't notice I should say the CHOKE on this 4 wheeler? Anyone know where it's at or if there is one?

Anyway I don't know too much about these Chinese 4 wheelers so if you all could help me out i'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a couple of links to good downloadable owner / light service manuals for 110cc machines which I've posted before. Those links are now both dead.

I have some saved copies of these manuals which I can email you. They include valve adjustment procedures.

If you're interested send me your email address by private message. The largest manual is around 5 megabytes.

But from my limited experinence with valve adjustment, the symptom of valves needing adjustment is hard starting when cold.

Since your engine condition is unknown I'd start with the basics like measuring the compression. Then clean the carburetor thoroughly.

I don't understand the 'carb pulled away from the motor' stuff. Can you post pic's?

Old 02-11-2010, 10:35 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by REDCAT110
Hey guys, i'm new here. HELLO!

SO I picked up a little 2005 Kazuma Redcat 110cc. I believe the valves need adjustment but I have no idea where to start to do that or what they need to be adjusted to, or how to adjust them, but I am pretty mechanically inclined so i'm up for the job? It cuts out and bogs down a lot and it's hard to stay idling without bliping the throttle thats why I assume it needs valve adjustment.

Next problem just came up. Also I had a problem starting it, found out the Carb was pulled away from the motor because of this little black donut looking gasket/grommet/tube? Whatever it is it does not seal well so I either need a new one or need to find a way to high temp adhese it to it. The guy I bought it from had a wire wrapped all around the motor and it loks like crap. The lip for this thing to go on is tiny so no wonder it keeps coming off. I have the carb out cleaning it with carb cleaner, didn;t look to bad but I sprayed the crap out of it with carb cleaner and i'm taking it all apart to spray it all out. DO I need to adjust the screws inside the carb?

I also noticed or didn't notice I should say the CHOKE on this 4 wheeler? Anyone know where it's at or if there is one?

Anyway I don't know too much about these Chinese 4 wheelers so if you all could help me out i'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum REDCAT110!

I think all your problems come from your broken intake manifold (rubber tube) A broken manifold would cause a huge vacuum leak and i wouldnt think it would run at all. There are no screws in the carb but there are 2 jets.. a main and a pilot...I would remove both of them and make sure you can see light thru them..

Choke should be on the carb..