Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

SunL SLA-135

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up SunL SLA-135

I've been having trouble finding a definite answer since the whole VIN number is hard to read. On the engine there is a marking YG152FMH and underneath that are the numbers 07105452. Does anyone know the correct engine size of this atv?

Also, I read that most of these have speed limiters. Other then the screw that limits the throttle response is there another limiter on these that can be disabled or removed?

Thanks in advance for any info

Old 06-03-2018, 02:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

YG152FMH is a Honda cub clone with a 52mm bore cylinder, this should mean a 110cc engine, but the Chinese have a habit of altering things so they can make two engines with the same stroke and different bores, and also have a cavalier attitude to using the right bore size in the engine number anyway.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks so much for the info merryman!

Would these engines normally have a speed limiter?

Old 06-04-2018, 02:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider

No idea. Most just have a stop for the throttle lever on the handlebars, some a restrictor between carb and inlet manifold. The "too clever by half" manufacturers have a CDI wich limits revs to a very low number, and you usually have to get an "unrestricted" CDI to get any performance from those.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Okay so I received this sunl SLA 135 from a friend. He said it ran 6 months ago. He said as far as he knew the starter was bad. Last time he was riding it it just shut off. I put in a new starter a new battery and new spark plug. When I press the button to start there is nothing no clicking and no engine turning over. What should be the next thing that I check?

I'm thinking 1 of the stupid kill switches is the culprit

Old 06-05-2018, 01:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Did you connect the battery the right way round? If you connected it wrong, even for a second it would blow the main fuse, (and possibly the regulator). If the fuse is OK, check with a test lamp, that you have power past the fuse, then check you have power past the ignition switch. Then test you have power past the start button, then check you have power to the solenoid thin "live" when start button is pressed. Or you can go other way round, and start checks at solenoid and work backwards. Brake, or gear lever lockouts prevent you starting if the brake isn't on or isn't in neutral, if you have live at the ignition switch but nothing at start button, it could be a lockout. (some lockouts work on the negative side, so check that too).

Old 06-05-2018, 04:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok so I tried what you said - I stepped on the foot brake and the atv tries to start when starter button pushed. It keeps cranking but won't turn over. I checked the pious connections and made sure there was gas. Should I hold the button down for a few seconds or will it fry something?

Old 06-06-2018, 01:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider

"It keeps cranking but won't turn over." Oxymoron!

Does it fire? If it does you are getting close, pour a teaspoon full of fuel down the air intake, if it runs for a few seconds and dies, clean the carb out and check the choke is working, if it is manual choke. if it doesn't fire check for a spark at the plug.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

I will be giving this a try later today - thanks!

I noticed on my other quad there is a fuel cutoff switch - do all quads have this? I've not been able to locate 1 on the atv that won't start.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Being a complete newbie to atvs and these common methods to check - I'm just a little apprehensive. I'm definitely hands on and would love to get in there but don't want to get in over my head.

Quick Reply: SunL SLA-135