General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Grilling - ATV STYLE

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 08:52 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like your set up Uncle Mat but the pump type Colman's don,t handle a pounding like the gas type with no moving parts and are slimmer with no liquid fuel sloshing around.

This on is a slim as a lap top with the lid down.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Range Rover

great, thanks for all the replies guys/gals!!!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:08 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by PBLsQuad450
Hey! I'm sure carrying a can of propane on rocky trails is perfectly safe, I don't know if I want it on MY quad, but... Just kidding there. Look, you can easily keep the weight off and improv the grill in a little pit. Carry a bot of firelighters and and a few small handfulls of char-wood. That will get you going in as little as 15 minutes depending on the weather. You can put dead wood off the trails on the ignited char-wood to save weight and bulk. All you need is a cheap grid. There a thousand ways to rig it, I'de use large skewers, the round tops bent around the four corners of the grid. That way you can push them down into the fire pit to make it level (ish). Carry a XXXL ziploc and put the cool grid rig and tongs in it to keep the grease from messing up anything. We use those bags for camp for our daughter's stuff and they make a full summer so don't freak when you see that you get, like, 5 for $6.00+. If I can't get firelighters at a local store I order them from hastybake.com (1-800-4-an-oven). Spend some time on the Hasybake web-site while you are at it. I have had my no frills but real big model for 14 years. NOTHING better. But that's a different discussion. Oh, and don't trust the strikers on the box. Make sure you have a lighter or matches to light the firestarter.
Good idea but now you have an open fire youe need to make sure is completley out before you leave. Also propane cylinders are pretty much bullet proof. There is so much outward pressure on the wall of the canister it is very hard to penitrate.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by dealer374
Good idea but now you have an open fire you need to make sure is completley out before you leave. Also propane cylinders are pretty much bullet proof. There is so much outward pressure on the wall of the canister it is very hard to penitrate.
Joe Bob and Jimbo took a ride after lunch and stopped to look back over the lake..........

"Joe Bob you doused the fire didn't you?"

"I thought you did Jimmy."

Old 04-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Trailblazer

hahah Ranger Joe he's the funniest guy I know

Old 04-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Range Rover

I forgot about this thread lol. Here is a pic of the grill I ended up getting. Picked her up at Wally World as a closeout item, $30 hard earned dollars. I bungee it to the front and doesn't move at all. Cooks better than my 400 dollar stainless grill at the house. I just put the propane tanks in a protective pouch. Also, picked up a 10 dollar waterproff cover that I put the grill in. Low profile so it sits under my pod headlight so I can still use it. Pretty happy with it so far...

Old 04-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
I forgot about this thread lol. Here is a pic of the grill I ended up getting. Picked her up at Wally World as a closeout item, $30 hard earned dollars. I bungee it to the front and doesn't move at all. Cooks better than my 400 dollar stainless grill at the house. I just put the propane tanks in a protective pouch. Also, picked up a 10 dollar waterproff cover that I put the grill in. Low profile so it sits under my pod headlight so I can still use it. Pretty happy with it so far...

I love the boots your wife has on mine would be wearing the same crappy ones that dont keep her feet warm and she complains

Old 04-30-2010, 05:29 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by hallj86
I love the boots your wife has on mine would be wearing the same crappy ones that dont keep her feet warm and she complains
That's my daughter and yeah I lectured her but you know, they have to "look good" when on the trail. Well, they ended up muddy by the end of the day, I think she'll wear her rubber boots next time around lol. Also, in that last pic she is "texting", which is another annoyance to me. Your in the woods, riding, leave the phone in the pocket.

Dude, it takes me 2 hours to get outta the house when the family goes.....it's annoying as hell at times.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

That's funny. When my son and I go we have it down to half an hour. When my wife goes it adds on another 3/4 of an hour.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:06 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Its nice to bring a little stuff on a afternoon ATV outing.