General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Why do most dirt bikers have beef with quad riders?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyngen
Sorry to hear that, takes all kinds to spin the world. I wonder if it would help if your ATV club reached out to the Snomo club to open talks / negotiations as it were. Sometimes offering the olive branch works, other times it might get your welts from being smacked by it. But it might be worth a try if not already done.

good luck.
We've bent over backwards for them and continue to do so. But, it doesn't mean I trust or respect them.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
We've bent over backwards for them and continue to do so. But, it doesn't mean I trust or respect them.
Can't say that I'd blame you one bit on that. Not sure if you can approach the landowner to sit down with him for the cross trail and go over how you groom trails, respect the land and don't go ape ... I'm fighting the same thing where a great trail near our land is posted against ATVs. Been working to educate and get cooperation. Slow and frustrating for sure.

Best luck.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyngen
Can't say that I'd blame you one bit on that. Not sure if you can approach the landowner to sit down with him for the cross trail and go over how you groom trails, respect the land and don't go ape ... I'm fighting the same thing where a great trail near our land is posted against ATVs. Been working to educate and get cooperation. Slow and frustrating for sure.

Best luck.
Several have talked to him. I don't actually live up there so I let the locals do the talking. He's just not interested right now. Hopefully he'll come around but it's been years.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When dealing with land owners. Free stuff is the way to go. Being respectful is taken for granted and expected.
Maybe the guy with the excavator who set the beams would give him 20 hrs free with a crew comprised of riders?