General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Old shop gone down in flames.. :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 01:29 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn opt- bummer
but think of all the new equipment the insurance company will buy him

Old 08-12-2016, 01:46 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your families business. Best wishes and prayers to you, your family, and the employees affected. I hope all are able to recover quickly. And get the business up and going again.

Old 08-13-2016, 10:09 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
damn opt- bummer
but think of all the new equipment the insurance company will buy him
To bad it never works out that way. insurance is always a hassle to get back what you should. They should pay people for their time and effort for all the hoops they need to jump through to get things right

Old 08-13-2016, 11:23 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Haven't had a chance to drop by,but the site is supposed to be cleared this week and slab checked out to make sure it's ok because of the explosion and heat. Insurance has you no matter what. On top of any deductible, all tools,equipment replacement costs based on age,condition unless you have exact cost replacement insurance which would be prohibitive in most small businesses. I have this on my home and pay through the nose for it. I'm sure they can get it back to the way it was or or possibly even better,but he's going to have to reach into his back pocket also. Shame it had to happen in the first place,but that's what insurance is for. Insurance companies are betting(or hoping) that nothing happens so they can rake in the monthly premiums,you're hoping too that it doesn't happen,but are at least somewhat prepared for things like this by having coverage to begin with.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:21 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

ATF had the camera for a couple weeks that showed where the fire started,but it took a private investigator to actually find it. A Dewalt battery charger shorted out and caused the fire. Possibly now they can start clearing the property and start the rebuild. Found out also that Dewalt had recalls on certain chargers so if any of you have one or more, may not be a bad idea to look into the charger recalls.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:24 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Their is why i never leave any type of battery charger plugged in when im not arround