General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Rhino Rollover

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

More "idiot" stickers should solve this problem. I bet that kid never took a safety class. Also, what age limits are there on that Rhino and how old was the driver?

Old 02-28-2007, 01:25 AM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

Very sorry to hear about your grandson. But as the old saying goes **"You play with fire you get burnt"**. But what i liked most about that thread was its not about the money its to inform others??? OK... Im not trying to disrespect you or this incodent but thats the way it is. you can say ohh if u have a rhino sell it. it just kinda bothered me you said all that..Definetly inform more but i dont even own a rhino yetand only knew they excisted for about 3 weeks and i already know all about the rolover chance on them.. too be honest with you i think just about anyone coudl just look at them and tell u they could roll and umm no doors s yeah your foot could get ran over. Ive done my homework n the first thing i buy is leg doors. I cant stand you rhino-rollover lawsuits, I am sympathetic but wow man...Like the lawnmower thing...

AGAIN-ITIS A SMALL TRADEGY and am sympathetic, i really hope it just helps ur relationship and appreciate things that much more

Old 02-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

A few months back I was camped next ot some bumbling ***** with a Rhino at Pismo beach. they were out past the 11pm curfew driving through camp at high speeds doing donuts jumping the thing on a track they had made. i told my wife I was surpised they hadn't rolled the thing the way they were driving it. Finally at 2am I told them to knock it off and went back to bed. I could hear the kid a 16yr old begging Dad for 1 more ride...well he won out and off he goes spinning donuts in the Surf. Yeah...can you guess what happened next...highsides it and over it goes Kids off to the E room with a broken leg. Now you would think the story would end here but there is more with little brother in the hospital with a broken leg, the OLDER more reponsble brother decides to take the cousin for a ride yep...right back out into the Surf where he highsides the thing doing donuts.....roll over ambulance time cousin gets a compound fracture and needs 3 surgical cleanings to get the sand out of the open wound made by a jagged bone. Nature sometimes has it's own way of thinning the herd....
Honest your honor we were just driving down the road and it tipped over all by it's self...yeah good luck with that one. You want to make a buck don't do it under the guise that you are tring to protect the rest of us, I'm not going to buy it. I was tought to take reasonsbility for my own actions.
Own up to it man

Old 02-28-2007, 01:08 PM
RIS
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

Is the REST OF THE STORY "hard2find"? Sorry but, I think there is more to it than a "low speed turn" . Don't find out the truth. Get rid of the Rhino. I guess when he (the Rhino driver) is behind the wheel of a car and kills someone it will be the cars fault!

Old 02-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

Short people got no reason....Short people got no reason....Short people got no reason to live.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:08 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: xFreebirdx
Short people got no reason....Short people got no reason....Short people got no reason to live.
hey now!

I guess we'll never know the age of the stepson and the cousin huh?

Old 03-01-2007, 12:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Rollover

The driver was 17 and my stepson, the passanger is 11.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Rollover

There were 2 adults less that 100 yard away that witnessed the accident. It took both of them to lift the Rhino and get it off his leg.

Why did Honda discontinue production of there 3-wheel ATV cycle?( My nephew was killed on one of these 10 years ago) Why did Jeep redesign their CJ / Wrangler to have a wider wheel base? Why did Firestone recall their tires? Owner/operator errors? I'm sure in some peoples opinion.

In the 28 days we were in the hospital there were three other serious ATV accidents that were brought to the same hospital. One 17 year old girl shatterer her jaw. A 14 year old boy with a compound fracture of his leg and, an 8 year old who was crushed and killed when his dad lost control and hit a tree. If people don't like my opinion they should hear what doctors and nurses who work in the emergency and trama wards have to says.

Based on some of the other comments received after posting this (Story) you seem to be one of the few mature adults. I need not justify to anyone my feelings, thoughts, opinion, emotions or actions. My one and only intent when I created this posting was to share my experience so others could make good informed decisions. I'm not trying to control what others do because as always it's their choice. Just as it is to make their own conclusions as to what possibly may have caused the accident I described. But it is suprising to hear how many people defend the manufacturer and blame the operator for any reason they can think of. Denial solves nothing and as they say, actions speak louder than words!!!!

Old 03-01-2007, 02:38 AM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

I wonder how many of those injured people took a rider safety course, Yamaha offers them for free. I wonder how many were wearing protective clothing, boots helmets etc... Nobody wants to talk about that I see as I have asked before. I have the solution, before Yamaha sells each Rhino the buyer must pass an IQ test. The new owner should be required to sign a document stating that anyone allowed to operate the machine must pass that same test.

I watched a kid grinding a rail on his skateboard recently, when he crashed he got a compound fracture and a skull fracture. I blame the skate board maker, there was not a single warning sticker on that thing. Who would have guessed those things are dangerous? Plus it was to narrow and you cant even take a simple turn at 20 mph. without falling off. After suing them I think they should go after Tony Hawk for making it look easy. Surely they can find someone else to point the finger at.

If all these law suits are not way out of line, where is the line? Is anyone responsible for anything anymore? Does it always have to be some one elses fault? Have times changed so much that nobody has to "nut up" and accept responsibility for there own actions? Where does it end? Cant everyone just pay their own way through life without the constant search for a free ride on someone else's dime? Are we really so screwed up as a society that nobody is responsible for their own mistakes?

If you read this post and cry then the tears ruin your makeup, will your lawyer be filing papers against me in the morning?

There is a little thing I call "Testicular Fortitude" that is sadly lacking in todays world. This country needs an enema.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

Hey all - I finally rolled my Rhino!! It wasnt easy either because I have been riding Rhinos for two years now and have never rolled it over until last Prez day at Dumont. I was really doing great climbing up the dunes and shooting back down to gain speed to turn back up again and climb higher. Well I was on the far East end of Dumont and thought I could straddle the dunes and shoot back over the other side like I have been doing for years on my quad. But NOT!!!! when I hit the peak the rhino bottomed out and stuck and then it Just rolled right over!!! My wife stuck her foot out like she has been telling me she wouldnt but its a natural thing, I have the leg minders installed also. So it was going and she put her foot out right at the mid section of the windshield and it landed right on it. I couldnt get out of my seat belt fast enough because I was hanging from it, I lifted myself up and my wife hit the seatbelt and then I came down and dug her foot out. LUCKILY it was on sand, we thought it was crushed for sure. This was on Friday, so she didnt want to go to the Dr at all and wanted to stay. We rode the whole weekend and it really hurt her. So when we got back we had xrays done and behold it was not cracked or broke. Whewww cuz I wanted her to go to the Dr that day.

The rhino didnt have a scratch on it and thanks to the riders near by to help us back up on 4 wheels again because I would have never put that back up by myself for sure. Believe me, I tried.

But it goes to show, the rhino will roll over if you are not abiding by its rules and saftey issues. I still love my toy and its safer than my quads hands down.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Rhino Rollover