General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Rhino Rollover

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: motox26
WOAH, that's one heck of a story prowrench.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] At least your still out riding tho.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Amen to that! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: Alexandria I just got a lawyer.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] And this is the type of person that helped the 3-wheelers disappear.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

***Anyone who is sue happy, please stay away from my sport, you're going to ruin it for the MANY people who enjoy it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2006, 06:29 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default Rhino Rollover

A Rhino is unsafe under these conditions....

1) An inexperienced (unsafe) driver is the pilot. Anytime someone embarks on somthing new, makes them a legitimate if not unwitting threat to themselves and those around them. It's not a slam, it's called a learning curve.

2) Experienced Rider driving in an unsafe manner. There are those that have skills but lack the common sense to keep themselves out of trouble.

3) Anytime a rider is pushing the top speed limits of the Rhino can become unsafe real quick.

4) Unsafe driving conditions and or terrain.

Are these things supplied by or endorsed by Yamaha??? Come on!!

Any of these, and more likely, combinations of these lead to 99% of Rhino/Ranger/Prowler/Golf Cart/Mule injuries.

If an unsafe or inexperienced driver, drives at unsafe speeds in unsafe conditions or terrain, how is Yamaha at fault.

Using that logic, Schwinn owes me a lot of money for pain and suffering.

Why do ATV's have stickers that tell us to not speed, do stunts, keep all 4 on the ground etc.

We are responsible for our safety. If a part fails that leads to an accident or injury, you then take it up with Yamaha or whoever.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:42 AM
RIS
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

I guessed I kicked the beehive.

I need to sue Budweiser beuause if I wouldn't have had that beer (sitting in front of my computer, "Not" in my Rhino!) I might not have typed what I did on page 3.

It sucks that anyone has gotten hurt on a Rhino. Just looking at the Rhino at the dealer I knew it could or one day will rollover. Some of the bigger ATVs are as big as a small jeep and when it rolls over its going to crush you. And it has! "I am" sorry if you don't like some of the things I wrote. Its just how I see it! (I don't always use tact) Just as I won't jump out of a perfectly good airplane that is going to land anyway, one would hope. (I hope you don't smoke) If you smoke, you are stupid enough to die from it. I am sorry if this caused anyone pain. Its just how I see it.

RIS

Old 09-22-2006, 12:54 AM
Quad Patrol
Default Rhino Rollover

TPR: well said[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2006, 01:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Rollover

Old 09-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: RIS
If you smoke, you are stupid enough to die from it. I am sorry if this caused anyone pain. Its just how I see it.

RIS
I smoke but it won't be what kills me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I reckon Women will be the death of OFC [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Rollover

I am a Rhino owner with concerns about rollover safety. I have several friends who have broken arms and legs!
To decrease the chances of injuries I have designed and manufactured side roll cage safety nets (patent pending), similar to NASCAR window nets.
The bottom half is a solid nylon ( mine is realtree camo to mach my Rhino), and the top half is an open mesh netting.

FORUM RULES

1.1. No commercial Advertising. No posting of commercial web addresses, phone numbers or links in either forum messages, private forum messages or in the author's signature. No use of company names in forum author nicknames or any type of solicitation for commercial business or gain.
2. Classified Ads are not permitted in the forums. Please use http://classifieds.atvconnection.com

Old 10-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: Adamzim
I am a Rhino owner with concerns about rollover safety. I have several friends who have broken arms and legs!
whatever happened to Darwin's theory? I hope your friends dont have any offspring. this gene pool is full of idiots! we need CLORINE! lol

Old 10-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

KEEP HANDS AND FEET IN THE RIDE AT ALL TIMES!!!

Quick Reply: Rhino Rollover