General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Rhino Rollover

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

Come on now.. the agressive tone will get us no where with this situation.

But I can tell you these situations are a mere product of society.. and we need to make changes elsewhere.. Its not with ATV manufacturers.. These changes need to be made in ourselves. Do we live,, or do we hide and only wish we lived? When we live, we take risks. thats life.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

I dont own one but have driven them. MY friends have them and race them on a motorcross track...and guess what yes they do roll.... at 40mph in a hairpin turn while bumpping fenders....the roll overs I have seen People keep their hands and feet inside the ruv...This is nothing new ...We have been told to keep our hands and feet in from the first day of school if not before....I do a lot of riding and see a lot of stupid people..I have also seen those same people DIE and have their families say that they were good safe riders...(the most recent one was a drunk on a banshee at night with no lights or helmet at top speed into the side of a motorhome...thats safe?)we all need to take responsability for our unsafe behaviour...Ofc was there at the time of my last big crash......handlebars broke at top speed....but I did not sue the bar manufacture...at first I blamed them but came to realize that it was due to me tieing the bike down by the bars weakened them...MY FAULT....injuries were due to unsafe riding....MY FAULT....ball up and be responsable ...

Old 09-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: hondablue
.Ofc was there at the time of my last big crash......handlebars broke at top speed....but I did not sue the bar manufacture...at first I blamed them but came to realize that it was due to me tieing the bike down by the bars weakened them...MY FAULT....injuries were due to unsafe riding....MY FAULT....ball up and be responsable ...
Dude.. NO WAY.. It was cuz you are soooo strong.. you scared me when you had ripped the bars off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: Alexandria Do you really actually think that it is IMPOSSIBLE for the rhino to have a defect??...
I seriously doubt a defect is going to cause Rhino's to flop over on their lid just at the snap of a finger. I have some seat time in them, and while they are tippy when you corner them fast, the driver is responsible for the machine and should know it's limits.

I laid my dirtbike over last weekend, does that mean it has a defect and I should report it to Honda?

Old 09-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: Alexandria Do you really actually think that it is IMPOSSIBLE for the rhino to have a defect??...
I seriously doubt a defect is going to cause Rhino's to flop over on their lid just at the snap of a finger. I have some seat time in them, and while they are tippy when you corner them fast, the driver is responsible for the machine and should know it's limits.

I laid my dirtbike over last weekend, does that mean it has a defect and I should report it to Honda?
It's not Hondas fault you took the training wheels off. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Well, maybe they should have been welded on. You may have a case. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

Sorry, but just got this mental image of a Rhino, with curb feelers. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy

But I can tell you these situations are a mere product of society.. and we need to make changes elsewhere.. Its not with ATV manufacturers.. These changes need to be made in ourselves. Do we live,, or do we hide and only wish we lived? When we live, we take risks. thats life.
Very well said! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: Alexandria
Oh yeah, and they have already started recalling some of the rhino's...looks like they are onto something.
You are wrong again. The only thing Yamaha has done is issue each dealer a stack of stickers to apply to each side of the roll cage when a unit comes in for service. 07's have it already. They even sent current owners the stickers that may due their own maintainence. In a nutshell the sticker says to "keep you feet inside the vehicle dummy" for you and the ambulance chasers.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Default Rhino Rollover

WOAH, that's one heck of a story prowrench.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] At least your still out riding tho.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2006, 04:14 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Default Rhino Rollover

"doesn't look like something that would tip going 20 miles in hour "

I just noticed this statement in Alexandria's profile. This is why these things and ATV's in general are dangerous, people assume they're safe and because they have 4 wheels people feel safe when they sit on/in them. I'm sorry you got busted up, I really am, but please quit blaming any manufacturer for you or anyone else getting hurt because of inexperience and knowledge of these machines. You and anyone else who rides these things are responsible for yourself and the machine. 20mph is plenty fast enough to roll these things if you cut it hard enough, they are not low to the ground like a Ferrari. These are intended for off-road use, off-road use means it will sit up high for suspension travel and ground clearance, and it will be narrow to fit between tree's for woods use, this equals "tippiness".

-Brandon

Quick Reply: Rhino Rollover