General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Rhino Rollover

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rhino Rollover

A Rhino is like a gun(fire arm) it can set in one spot all day and never hurt anyone.Its the fool that uses it,that hurts one self.............

Old 03-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

Well, it's like I said, it technically doesn't fall under the definition of a "manufacturer's defect". The argument can be made that it is too tippy, or that there should be more protection, but those are just that, arguments.
You can break just about anything down if you approach it in that fashion.
Airliners should have doors on every row, a parachute under every seat.
All cars should be the same size, and as safe as a new Mercedes S-class.
All ATV's and motorcycles should be banned, since there is no way to make them much safer than they already are.
You can argue extremes in many circumstances, you could fully enclose the Rhino, give it airbags, 5 point harnesses, stability control, crumple zones, etc.
There is just no way to make everything 100% safe.
Unfortunately, the Rhino is a particularly easy target since it LOOKS so safe. Rollcage, seatbelts, car like controls. It doesn't LOOK dangerous nor does it have the dangerous reputation ATV's and motorcycles have (yet - maybe it would be a good thing if it did, it might garner some more caution from it's users). I guarantee this is a major argument foundation for the prosecuting attorneys.
But juries love to stick it to big companies. They are human, after all, and figure that someday if something happens to them they might get a big settlement as well.
One of the problems is that health insurance is so sketchy in most cases that without some kind of settlement the people with injuries are really screwed, so I do feel for them in that regard. It's just unfortunate that their only recourse is to take a big corporation to court. The downside for all of us is that we get higher prices, and maybe eventually the Rhino is removed from the market alltogether.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

Old 03-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: pwillie
A Rhino is like a gun(fire arm) it can set in one spot all day and never hurt anyone.Its the fool that uses it,that hurts one self.............
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Quad Patrol
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: GusinCA
You misread (misunderstood) my post.

What I was saying is that these sorts of things are NOT possible, and that is why it is IMPOSSIBLE to make everything 100% safe.

Please re-read the post and let me know what you think.
After reading it, it looks like I took it out of the context. There forth I removed my reply to it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

How come a Rhino has a roll bar and a Grizz. doesn't? Do you suppose its because the Rhino has more tendencies to roll over than a Grizz?Personally I like the added factor of the roll bar,I think it is much safer than a 4X4 like a Grizzly.I have owned several ATVs,and I must say for my use the Rhino works well for me.No, I don't try to cross the Grand Canyon,are any other giant obstacle.I use mine primarily for hunting and general woods riding.I have known several people that can break a steal ball,or a railroad anvil....most any machine can be torn up, I have a friend that can attest to that! Trucks,boats,half tracks etc...he can break them.....I bet my friend could break my Rhino,but I want let him near it!!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino Rollover

Airplanes dont need a parachute under the seat, they need to strap them on when you get in the dang thing. Some idiot might forget to put it on if its under the seat... lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I think we should all drive cars that are made out of recycled stuffed animals and pillow, they would be a lot lighter and the cusion could absorb the impact in the event of a crash, as a matter of fact I think I will go home and ducttape some to my wolverine tonight............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

I almost rolled mine! I was doing about 35MPH trying to see just how fast I could take this open trail and on one of the corners the left front wheel caught and the rhino tipped up on the one wheel, (thats a scarey feeling) I steered back into the turn and it came back down. I still have all my legs and it never crossed my mind to one out, or sue Yamaha. I guess character was instilled in me at a young age [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] take responsibility for your actions!!!! if it would have flipped, guess who's actions caused it????? not the dealer, not the manufacturer, not the passenger, not Haspin Acres, nobody's fault but MINE!

Old 03-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Rollover

I bought a set of 1/4 doors today, shiney diamond plate $125 plus shipping for the pair. I'm telling you, someone could get rich off this scare topic lol

Old 03-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Rhino Rollover

Originally posted by: LeroysRhino
I bought a set of 1/4 doors today, shiney diamond plate $125 plus shipping for the pair. I'm telling you, someone could get rich off this scare topic lol
Well now ya gotta find another company to sue Leroy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Rhino Rollover