General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Rhino 2 to 4 wheel drive switch problem (stuck)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rhino 2 to 4 wheel drive switch problem (stuck)

Has anyone removed the 2 to 4 wheel/locking diff switch (above Key switch) from their dash? I've found and removed: (2) nut/bolts combo's on the back side of the switch, and (1) philips screw on upper right (dash side), but it still won't come out. I do see another Philips screw when looking fron the backside, but I can't see how to access it. From the backsie it's on the lower right. I called the local dealer and they don't know... They looked at the manual but said it didn't have any details about removal... Help!!!! If you don't know, but might know a shop that does... let me know a contact name & number...

Thanks, Rude Dog

Old 02-15-2007, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rhino 2 to 4 wheel drive switch problem (stuck)

Update: I figured out that only the (2) nut/bolt screws needed to be removed. Once removed I was able to smack the switch (pretty hard) on the dash side, and was able to knock it out (toward front end). Once out, I noticed a phillips screw on the back side. I removed it and was able to pull off the lever. Under the lever I found (2) springs that were down in (2) ressesed holes, each with (2) ball bearings seated on top. Apparently the (2) ball bearings were pivot points for the lever to rotate off of, but the ball bearings aparently fell off (unseated) off the springs and jammed up the plastic levers rotation IE: couldn't rotate the lever left or right to access the push button. If it happens gain, I'll replace the switch.

Rude Dog