General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

sunL slgk 650 utv clutch/tranny help needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 06:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My location

I'm in Gregory, SD.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Main gear

Originally Posted by campbellguitar
I tore into the tranny, what I found is upsetting beyond all belief. It seems that when the trans was assembled a x-tra bolt found its way into the casing and it finaly found an angle to reach the gears and busted the gear between the transmission gears and the transfer gears. Also the casing is destroyed in this area, even with a new gear assembly I do not believe it can be rebuilt. I will attach the pictures of the transmission.

I have been talking with the parts department and they are saying that the transmission in the SUNL SLGK 650 is not covered under waranty and that the best they could do is get me parts at there cost. well hell its probaly gonna cost a fortune to buy a new casing and gear assembly.

I have requested that they review the pics and do the right thing so we will see what happens.
check out the pics at photobucket, the pics with captions are what i sent to the parts dept

Pictures by muttdawg61 - Photobucket

Thanks,
Eric

Replies would be helpfull, I am pretty mechanicaly inclined but transmissions have always confused me.thanks
...Sun L 650B-2...gear between main trans gears and transfer gear..BAD...Where can I find one..Thanks..Batrans