Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Will a Rubicon owner step up to the plate? battle of egos here

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2000, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is very rare that an ATV comparison challange actually takes place. I drove 130 miles to do a comparison with Max vs Argo. I did not meet them on this forum but I did meet them on the internet. Once I got there, the whole comparison thing was pretty much forgotten and we all had one hell of a good time.

Many of you might remember the ride Clay and I had planned at Land Between the Lakes. We have not yet had that ride but might do it sometime in August. I guess that would be the first comparison two people on this forum ever had!

Old 07-08-2000, 07:06 AM
Pro Rider

I'll have you know I am married to Mrs. America she also has a demon child...that keeps up late nights typeing on this computer...

Old 07-08-2000, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

the wv police academey is a good academey. this is one area that i tend to agree with atving on. i was acutally going to apply for the academy after graduation b-4 i realized how little police make, and how stupid the ones that i ran into were.

the trails here are steep, flat, tight, wide open, rocky, sandy, muddy, did i leave anything out. i haven't seen anything that my rancher wouldn't conquer......me conquering is another story but the rancher probably would have made it had i had the ***** and skill.

Old 07-09-2000, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

I got back friday and rode this weekend with sumthin4nuthin and tazgrizz. There were no takers on the competition even though there was a Rubicon with 27X12X12 Vamps and Lift. He rode it hard in the mud but wanted no part of the mud race. Mary's Mud Hole has gooten bad and the main Mud Race was postponed. There were a few people who tried to race me, but they got stuck on the first lap and I had to help them out. I have yet to find any competition unless it is with someone who lives 500 miles away. (Or another SP500)

We did race the drag and the Grizz beat me slightly. We raced the barrels and I beat the Grizz. Everyone wanted to mud, but no one wanted to compare one bike against another.

Greg

Old 07-09-2000, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greg,you'll be hard to beat in the mud with your Sportsman.I think I could take you with the Xplorer though.Xplorer makes more power and wheel speed than the Sportsman[its a 2 stroker].Just ask the two guys on the 335 Sportsmans today.I was driving thru muck that stuck them both.=====Bill

Old 07-09-2000, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

I Rode all thru Marys Mudhole all weekend... Didn't get stuck once. We came up into the right of way about 2:45 and kinda hung out there till about 3:15 looking for the mudrace to start.. I was going to get in it again.. But it never happened. We rode Mocassin Slough 8 or 9 times, every trail that there was.. even some that were underwater..
Ready for next weekend!!..

Old 07-09-2000, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

I know this is sacrilidge...but I spent today riding a friends 500 scrambler..We spent the day on high speed open trails...great bike and I didnt shift all day!!The scrambler would take you at drags and barrels.. How about mud? We didn't go there!
It was a good day... too bad a guy can't have two types of quads...maybe for xmas?
Our club holds its annual mud drags this weekend..My Honda 450es against a whole lot of Polaris's...oh boy!!!
Got to go practicing my thumb against the bar drill...Bill

Old 07-09-2000, 11:57 PM
Range Rover

Rubicon's do'nt have lift kits yet

Old 07-10-2000, 07:34 AM
Pro Rider

Won't hold my breath waiting for you Greg. I know you want no part of me. You keep finding reasons not to come here and play your game. Remember, your game. As you put it "Put up or shutup". I guess you should shutup.

Old 07-10-2000, 12:38 PM
Range Rover

Gregsims, it is like I posted previously... you are so talented that no one wants to step up. I am amazed that your obviously substantial humility can deal with it. Please tell us again how great you and your quad are. I know that I speak for at least some of the other forum members when I say that we never grow tired of hearing you sing your own praises. Please tell us more.

Temp

Quick Reply: Will a Rubicon owner step up to the plate? battle of egos here