Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TRX450R VS. YFZ450

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 02:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX450R VS. YFZ450

This post is Blue all over.

You guys with statements of beat it by 1/2mile and 14 lenghts. Nuts, ok. stock vs stock pretty close but Y is slightly faster - both have pipes and mods - and its so close - youll never tell the difference.

If you hate the R that bad, get the YFZ already and let save us all the wine'ing !. If you doont beleive it see the results for yourself next time you're out riding....

there - the END.

Old 08-09-2004, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider

how do u like that E2.....

I personally dont like the way it looks! (hows it perform???)

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 08-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YfZ450AiR
I am brand new to this forum. I dont want to offend anyone but in my opinion the
Honda TRX450R was to be the "RESPONSE" to the YFZ. In that sense it was, and
untill they fix it, will be a failure. Honda has several issues they have to deal with
before the 450r will be a true competitor with the YFZ. We can start with the cam
issue. Why would you put out a single cam engine when the guy you are trying to
beat has already come out with the twin cam design??? Its a no brainer. Then you
have the RPM issue. No 9,000 range rpm machine will run with a machine that can
turn out close to 11,000. Part of honda's thoughts there had to be based on the
ability of their single cam engine to even get close to those RPMs. The valves would
float like crazy on a single cam machine at that speed. That again brings us to the
next issue....the valves. I spend alot of time at the tracks around the western U.S.
and it is a known fact that the TRX needs to have the valves adjusted about every
8 hours of riding. This is a problem it inherited from the CRF. Yet again Honda did
nothing to fix the problem. Then we get the not so common crank problems. I know
of 2 riders personally who have broken cranks in the TRX450R. Not to mention Tim
Farr himself had the same problem. No problem if you are Mr. Farr. Just get out the
back-up from the trailer and continue the day. Not for you or I....we are out for months.
Honda has yet to distrubute fly wheel pullers for this "NEW" qaud....so if you are not
able to get the puller you are not able to even get the crank out, let alone replace it.
OK OK OK...now on to the biggest hurdle that Honda wont get over. That carb they
put in this new "RACE BIKE" is a joke. Honda has a big problem here that wont ever
address due to their mandatory dual cable RULE. Yamaha has fixed this problem
with a throttle position sensor and a throttle override switch. Yet Honda is stuck
in the stone age of carbs because they wont address this issue either. I am a Honda
fan from way back and have ridden TRX250R's for years. But I have a big problem with
Honda's approach to racing. They put out a substandard quad that in the beginning
literally changed the "RULES OF RACING" with the increased motor size and then
didn't come through with a bike that even made the change worth it. Yamaha played
by the rules and created a bike that has yet to meet its match. I praise Yamaha
for their dedication to the racer and making a bike that will do what is was made for.

Hmmm. This guy doesn't "praise" them....

Actually the rumors are true, I have been having a ton of trouble with mine, I have less than 10 hours on it, first the wrist pin seized to the rod, causing the rod to snap off, breakig both case halves, the cylinder, and the piston. Of course the friendly reps at Yamaha have "NEVER" seen or heard of this problem before, so tough luck, they would not cover it, saying that I didn't warm it up enough and crap like that. So I had my dealer rebuild the motor from the ground up, new cases, cylinder, piston, crank, and bearings. I picked it up last Friday, good as new. Saturday, I made it 1 and 1/2 laps around a mx track before it locked up again, so I brought it back again, this time the cam bearings seized ruining the head. The dealer said there was a lack of oil flowing into the head, but again Yamaha won't cover any of it. So I did some snooping around on the net, so far I've found about a half a dozen other guys that have had the same problems, with the lack of oil to the wrist pin and head. That was in about 30 minutes of searching, but of course Yamaha still claims that they have not heard of anything like this before. Also Curtis Sparks claims that they have seen several cases of this oiling problem, but funny thing is, Yamaha hasn't. Kinda fishy, as far as I'm concerned, Yamaha can go f@#k themselves . This thing is going down the road as soon as I get it back, and I will be buying a Predator. Maybe I won't be as "cool" but at least I will be able to ride it.

Old 08-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Lancaster, Wow.. Was those problems with the yamaha yfz450 or the honda trx450r!! I know you said yamaha dealer but i just want to make sure cause in your signature it says you have an 04 trx450r.. I'm supossed to be getting one pretty soon and want to know which one does this.. i've heard of many problems too!

Old 08-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

That was a Yamaha guy on another forum and he was refering to his YZF. I don't wish that sh*t on anyone. So far I've yet to have any problems.

On another note, I just orered my Hotacm stage 2 cam and white bros head pipe today and I'm as giddy as a school girl in anticipation.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*sigh* of course. Just about every single greedy honda 450r owner or greedy yfz owner says they smoke yfzs/R's all the time. I mean come on. No one cares about how great your quad is. They want a truthful unbiased answer. Not "I have a 450r and i beat piped yfz's all day long" or vise versa. That's one thing that's makin me pretty mad about these forums and it's pretty stupid too.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yfz or trx

Maybe 10 lengths no way 19