Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

They really slapped the face of Honda

Old 02-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They really slapped the face of Honda

I for one prefer not to have the instrument panel and all the fancy dodads up on the handle bars, its just something else to break when you eventually flip. Actually i'd rather not have them at all. So if honda wouldn't put them on and use that to help keep prices down i'd be happy, although there are other points they could work on, The longitudinally mounted engine is a great idea, But how much harder would it be to make it a sohc with 4 valves and alot more power? The breaks don't bother me as much we have a rancher and a big bear and the ranchers breaks feel and work better. Honda could give them adjustable suspension with more travel and maybe a difflock. I could see them then charging as much as they do for their quads. But for now i'll just have to settle for what i can get.

Old 02-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

they seem to be a bit behind the times, when it comes to bells and whistles. but honda and bombar.. have stuck their guns about the transmissions. they are the only 2 that dont use the rubber band, and that is why i will ride nothing but honda. honda is well known for their reliability, what more do you want? something you can ride for 15 years without major problems. or ride it for 2 years and have it towed 30 miles out of a tight trail, big deal they didnt have lockers in front, and were until '05 didnt have switchable 4x4 in the rancher line. i had an '87 trx300 and it had quite a bit of blow-by but that sucker ran real good for the 1 year that i had it. and sold it for 1300 bucks!! i have sport quad now so 4x4 and winches arent important to me now, maybe when i get older thou. so ride on yamis and zukies i most always carry towstrap for that reason, if you say your from this topic ill charge ya thou.lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More people prefer Honda ATV's over all others. Maybe the other manufactures should take a look at what Honda is doing that soo many people like.

Ya, I'll bet that "slap in the face" brought tears to Honda.

Doesn't everyone get tired of slamming #1????? After all, isn't #2 just the first looser?

I do believe the other manufactures are building some great ATVs. I, like so many others, don't buy ATV's for their "bells and whistles".

I have two Honda's with a total of 6400 miles on them. I have spent a total of $12 for items that have worn out. The only ATVs we ride with that have similar claims, are also Hondas.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2005, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

i dont feel i was bashing but was merly stating what it doesnt have. dont get me wrong i love my rubicon. but i do enjoy all the bells and whistles. it makes things more enjoyable sometimes.

Old 02-28-2005, 01:00 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This article was just an op ed piece, and simply represents this guys personal opinion (without any data to support it). Honda sold ~70,000 Ranchers alone last year! Hard to argue the they have been playin "catch up", when folks are buying their bikes in those large numbers.

As far as sport bikes, besides the 450's we haven't seen anything revolutionary from ANYBODY in years.

As far as utes, to be frank, I don't really see anything great coming out of any other manufacturers either. Mostly what we see is one more huge/heavy utility after another from everybody. Once you reach a certain size/weight/price, might as well just have gotten a Jeep!

I hope the rumors of Honda working on a light, 4X4 sport bike are correct (something like the Wolverine, but taken to the extreme).

Old 02-28-2005, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

I don't care if that guys says they need to catch up, last time i checked they are having some of the best sells, and reliable to boot!

Old 02-28-2005, 01:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: reconranger
This article was just an op ed piece, and simply represents this guys personal opinion (without any data to support it). Honda sold ~70,000 Ranchers alone last year! Hard to argue the they have been playin "catch up", when folks are buying their bikes in those large numbers.

As far as sport bikes, besides the 450's we haven't seen anything revolutionary from ANYBODY in years.

As far as utes, to be frank, I don't really see anything great coming out of any other manufacturers either. Mostly what we see is one more huge/heavy utility after another from everybody. Once you reach a certain size/weight/price, might as well just have gotten a Jeep!

I hope the rumors of Honda working on a light, 4X4 sport bike are correct (something like the Wolverine, but taken to the extreme).
Could I trouble you for some documentation on the rancher sales numbers?
Ive been searching for sales numbers on quads..(I like having facts) , and I cant find any ( well for free that is). Could you point me to the website, or publication which has these figures?

Old 02-28-2005, 04:59 AM
Trailblazer

thing i dont get is some people on here saying honda needs to play catch up correct me if im wrong which im not but isnt all the other manufacturers doing the catch up honda has the best sales for one reason reliability and also talking about up to date other than the yfz the 450r is the only up to date quad out there suzuki really cracked their nuttz bringing out the z400 they spent all them years on a quad to beat the 400ex and only came up with 2mph faster even though all the z's ive raced never looked any faster when i was smoking their a$$es so ride what u got and dont do what the 1st person on a z400 in my area did to me and said i have the most powerfull quad ever untill i was flying past him on my out of date ex

Old 02-28-2005, 05:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

SAME old story,
well Honda is the most relaible ATV on the planet!

I get so tire of hearing that BS..I worked for a Honda dealership.Yes Honda ATVs are reliable,but since 2002-2003,SO are the OTHER manufactures..Some of you Brand Loyal guys make it sound if you buy a Honda,you'll never have a problem?I was'nt without tranny issues on my Rincon either,in fact,I took it to 3 differant dealers before it was fixed correctly,and its back in the shop now.

I think the topic Greg Hall wrote was LONG overdue and also very truthful..I did'nt really miss alot of the features that my Rincon DID'NT have UNTIL I BOUGHT my KQ..

You guys brag about Honda being #1 in ATV sales,but what are you going to say about 2008 when this is NOT so anymore?

I know what im going to say---------Remember Greg Halls Editorial?WE TOLD YOU SO!!

Old 02-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hondabuster-I have seen that same figure several different places, particularly in the print magazines. I will try to come up with a hard reference for your.

Another interesting fact is that ATV's outsell all motorcycles COMBINED (street, MX, off-road), yet all the R&D seems to go into MX motorcycles, while ATV's go year after year without updates. California is the only state where dirt bikes outless ATV's (last time I heard).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: They really slapped the face of Honda