Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r and the yzf

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r and the yzf

i went to my local track few days ago. it was the opening season. wow there were alot of people there. must have been at least couple thousand people. it was a huge event here in Minnesota. anyway. the 4 wheeler class didnt have as many people as the dirst bikes. but most of the quads there were eithier YFZ's, 250r's, some preds, blasters, some Z400's. and only a very few 450r's...hmmm. and everytime i seen a 450R in a race it was not doing so good. i know its a very good quad. maybe just the riders sucked. but man. i still cant decided now. they both looked so awesome. but im still edging toward the YFZ.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:38 PM
lbc
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

Well based on riding the YFZ that we currently own I think I am going to go YFZ. It has quite a few mods and it is VERY fast! It has the feel of riding a 2-stroke the way that it hits hard and that is what I am used to coming from currently riding a 250R that is pretty heavily modified. Plus ya know I been thinking an electric start sounds really nice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2005, 04:03 AM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

Good call on the yfz. You won't regret it. When you get a pipe though, get the LRD! You'll be happier with it I think. If all you care about is power, than get the DR. D, it has an average increase of 9hp with just the slip on. The LRD has a 7hp increase, but sounds way better, and is right around 96dbs. I have ridden both and cannot feel the 2hp difference, and I think that the DR. D sounds like crap. Just my opinion, but I think you'll like the LRD.

Old 04-23-2005, 04:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r and the yzf

pipe wise i got the yoshimura and felt gain out of it and every dealer recommended it to use it for aftermarket pipe... 96db is the spark arrester on it too...

Old 04-23-2005, 12:01 PM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

Do you konw what the hp increase is from the yoshi? I never knew that one. Yoshi's are good pipes too, no question. I'm an LRD guy though. That's what I had on my old 400ex (I wish my new on had it too!!!) and I've never seen an application of it that I didn't like it. As I said though, it's just my opinion. I'm sure 9 out of 10 people here like different pipes, and we probably all think that they are the best! Just the way it goes I guess.

Old 04-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Rem
Pro Rider
Default 450r and the yzf

Originally posted by: nakedicarus
Originally posted by: Rem
i say get a yfz, more power, more reliability, all around better quad. but if youre going to do alot of trail riding, i suggest getting a second seat with more foam.

oh yea, also it weighs less AND has electric start so... well i guess its your decision
This coming from a guy who owns a Blaster... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
is that the only defense you have for your unreliable, slower than yfz 450r???? oh ya and i DO ride a blaster but i race 125s...

Old 04-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Rem
Pro Rider
Default 450r and the yzf

Originally posted by: XracerZ
well today i went to Honda house, then went to Bee-Line (Yamahe dealer) fist i checked out thr 05 450r. $6,399. then i checked out the Yamaha. it was still in the crate. they didnt have any put together at the time. but for the 05 YFZ's they were asking $6,292. i was very surprised... i always thought the YFZ was way more expensive then the 450R..hmmm... i think i made my decision. and i think im going to go with the Yamaha. i have always been a Honda fan, but this time i think im gonna have to get a Yammy. unless i change my mind in the next few days. how much do you think i could get for my 01 300ex. FMF full system, k&N air filter, rejetted, Kenda rear tires, and a DC front bumper? its in great condition. how much do you think i will get if i traded that in?

DONT TRADE IN!!!

trading in is completely pointless IMO, sell it locally and you'll make alot(somewhere around 500) more

Old 04-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r and the yzf

your right about the pipe situation its pretty much whatever you get, the three dealers one locally and the two others out of town said they have tested most pipes for yfz450 and the yoshimura pipe's gave the best results and increase in performance.... now that could be their opinion and others may think different but i have one and wouldnt switch it out... very pleased, very loud and runs great!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2005, 11:32 PM
Range Rover
Default 450r and the yzf

Hey vinney, is the cam worth it? I was just lookin at your "signiture" and saw that you had the cam on your bike. I've ridden a few 450's with it, but they had a bunch of other stuff done as well, so I couldn't feel what the cam alone did. I'm just not sure if I wanna do it, 'couse when we're all racin, they (cam guys) really aren't walkin away from me. Do you think that it was worht the money? I'm thinkin about just droppin 1 or 2 teeth off the rear sprocket, and possibly 1 off the frunt. I really just want my bike to pull like crazy. I don't care too much about top end. I wanna be able to go fast at times still, but mostly I just ride trails, hit hills, and jump. I want it to be crazy quick out of the whole. What would you suggest. And is the Yoshi a top end pipe, low end, mid range? I don't know much about it.

Old 04-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default 450r and the yzf

Originally posted by: nakedicarus
i say get a yfz, more power, more reliability, all around better quad. but if youre going to do alot of trail riding, i suggest getting a second seat with more foam.

oh yea, also it weighs less AND has electric start so... well i guess its your decision
This coming from a guy who owns a Blaster... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
is that the only defense you have for your unreliable, slower than yfz 450r???? oh ya and i DO ride a blaster but i race 125s...
Not really, it's just that several people I know who've owned a Blaster at one point or the other, have had all sorts of reliability issues with that particular ATV. Most of these Blaster's weren't even ridden hard, just regular recreational use.

I just found your posts - the parts about reliability, kinda funny.

The parts about power & speed...we'll just have to see about that once my HRC Kit comes in compadre [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 450r and the yzf