Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

A little aggrivated!!! RECON VS BRUIN

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little aggrivated!!! RECON VS BRUIN

I made a thread a couple months ago asking which was faster. An 04 recon or an 05 Bruin 250. Everybody said the recon was faster. Well the reason I asked was because my friend got the bruin. We raced again and again and he beat me every time and I can shift 10X better than he can. I noticed that he can rev out twice as high as I can which in turn lets him wind out each gear higher and this causes me to loose. My rev limiter just seems way to low IMO. Does this sound right to anybody? Is there a way I can raise the rev limiter?

Old 06-24-2005, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Isnt the bruin a 350 and the recon a 250cc bike??? Your rev limiter is set where its at because in stock form the engine makes no more power above that RPM and engine damage is more likely up there if you shifted too late. A dyno chart would show you how the power drops like a rock after a certain RPM.

If the bruin is indeed a 350cc bike, then get a rancher and race him. The yammy probably revs highter becuase the power curve of that motor is different so they have a different rev limiter. Your being beaten by more horsepower, not more REV's

Old 06-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: action450s
Isnt the bruin a 350 and the recon a 250cc bike??? Your rev limiter is set where its at because in stock form the engine makes no more power above that RPM and engine damage is more likely up there if you shifted too late. A dyno chart would show you how the power drops like a rock after a certain RPM.

If the bruin is indeed a 350cc bike, then get a rancher and race him. The yammy probably revs highter becuase the power curve of that motor is different so they have a different rev limiter. Your being beaten by more horsepower, not more REV's

Nope his is a Bruin 250 2X4.

Old 06-24-2005, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

WEll in that case I'd still say that its making more power than your Recon. Either its more powerfull stock, or yours has something wrong with it. In any case its not the REV limiter limiting your winning a race. If they were both recons of the same year and yours had a lower rev limiter then something might be fishy. 2 different machines from 2 different manafacturers will no doubt have different power characteristics.

Old 06-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: action450s
WEll in that case I'd still say that its making more power than your Recon. Either its more powerfull stock, or yours has something wrong with it. In any case its not the REV limiter limiting your winning a race. If they were both recons of the same year and yours had a lower rev limiter then something might be fishy. 2 different machines from 2 different manafacturers will no doubt have different power characteristics.

True but its like anything. Always gotta have the fastest and the best. I guess its a guy thing. Pipe, jet kit and filter here I come!!

Old 06-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

Exactly, make sure your bike is in good tune as well. Make sure the valves are adjusted, carb is spotlessly clean, plug is new and airfilter is cleaned. A bike thats well used only for a few months can be woken up a bit with good mainteneace.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

True but its like anything. Always gotta have the fastest and the best. I guess its a guy thing. Pipe, jet kit and filter here I come!!
Those things will give you more power but once u hit that certain rpm were the rev limiter kicks in or whatever that as fast as it gonna go so putting power upgrades on it will just get u there faster, compliment that with bigger tires or different rear end ratios then u will have something.

Old 03-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Range Rover

They do make a 250 bruin. The bruin has a bigger bore and a shorter stroke then the recon. Therefore giving it more revs and more power.

Bruin
71mmX 58mm
8.7:1 compression
33mm carb

Recon
68.5mmX62.2mm
Not sure of the compression of recon
32mm carb