Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

rancher fan

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 06:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rancher fan

Have you already removed the old fan? If so and you forgot how it went back on, it shouldn't be hard to relpace it it should only go back on one way. The fan mounts to the backside of the cooler on all honda's with the cooler that i've seen,the cooler mounts in front of the engine so there sould only be one way to reinstall the new one . I know what you're talking about wiring it with the toggle switch, but you don't want to run it all the time or it will burn out the new fan in no time. Just turn it on when you feel excessive heat on your leg's. I had a new 86' 350 foreman when it was 4 month's old the fan stopped working, it was the thermastat that went bad on mine, i told a friend who had a 93' 350 foreman about my problem and he told me his 93' did the same thing after he had his for two week's . He told me honda wanted 40 bucks for a new thermastat so he installed a toggle switht on his instead of paying that much for a new thermastat . But he said he didn't run it all the time, just when he felt it getting hot on his leg's ! Funny thing about my 86' 350 foreman i never did fix it, i just kept riding it the way it was i would just ride untill i would feel alot of heat on my seat an leg's then stop and let it cool down about five minutes . Then go again untill it got hot again, i rode it like this untill i sold it to my little bro in sept 2005 and he's still riding it everyday and it's still running as good as it did when it was new ! One of my other bro's bought a 2002 honda rancher 350 4WD in march or april of 2002 and he has never had a problem with his cooler fan since he got it new, but listen to what others have to say on the formums before anything else they know more about these things than i do !!!.....

Old 07-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rancher fan

The 2wd manual's don't come with a fan, I am just adding one.

Old 07-22-2006, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rancher fan

Thanks all I found the factory wires for the fan they were taped up with rest of the wires going to the CDi, I just felt around under the tape for the connectors then I just had to cut the tape about a inch and there are the wires with the connectors on them, and the fuse is already there also, I checked to make sure that when the fan fuse is pulled out the wire losses power to make sure I did have the right wires and had a big smile. Honda uses the same wiring harness for all ranchers which saves them money and helps us guys out that want to add on the do dads that our basics models don't have.

I am going to hook it up just like it would be from the factory but I am also going to put a toggle switch with a ground hooked up and tie into the ground of the fan so I can turn it on when the legs get warm. If anyone is wondering the fan is hot all the time its the ground that the thermostat controls cuts on and off on a Rancher.