Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Baja 250.....another Honda 450R Sweep!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Baja 250.....another Honda 450R Sweep!

This machine absolutely dominates desert racing!

All Honda 450's except a Suzuki 450 in 9th place, and a Renegade coming in dead last.

http://www.score-international.com/

http://race.off-road.com/race/event/....jsp?id=407497

And, it looks like the CRF450X is going to be the new king of the dirt bikes. Does Honda have a winning engine here or what????

Old 03-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear reconranger sucks for the can am side, but glad to see that Honda is still dominant even with all the new 450's coming out...Did the new Kawi race in it or no I couldn't open the sites for some reason...Can am would have been better off racing the ds since it seems like it used to be the most dominant until the 450r came around.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

I was wondering if you could reply to my thread since you are knowledgeable, I posted a thread in the can am forum and need some clarifying on carbs...Thanks

Old 03-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Red Rider

I know Alba was preping a Suzuki 450 for desert. Not sure if the one in the race was their's or not.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: reconranger
And, it looks like the CRF450X is going to be the new king of the dirt bikes. Does Honda have a winning engine here or what????
Not exactly correct on that one Recon. Honda wins the Baja races because Honda provides the best pit support for all Honda riders and spends the most money on bike set-up and race teams. It is so much easier on privateer teams to race Hondas in Baja just because of support they get from Honda.
For a much more accurate idea of what brand dominates desert racing you need to look at results such as AMA Dist 37 and look into results for non sponsered riders. You will see that Yamaha and KTM usually have more bikes in the results. This is because the Yam and KTM bikes are much cheaper to race competitively over a long season. Many die hard Honda racers have finally given up on Honda due to problems trying to finance racing the uni-cam motors. Look at these results;
http://www.district37ama.org/offroad/results/07_dmc.pdf

Old 03-13-2007, 09:47 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: oldturtle
Originally posted by: reconranger
Not exactly correct on that one Recon. Honda wins the Baja races because Honda provides the best pit support for all Honda riders and spends the most money on bike set-up and race teams. It is so much easier on privateer teams to race Hondas in Baja just because of support they get from Honda.
For a much more accurate idea of what brand dominates desert racing you need to look at results such as AMA Dist 37 and look into results for non sponsered riders. You will see that Yamaha and KTM usually have more bikes in the results. This is because the Yam and KTM bikes are much cheaper to race competitively over a long season. Many die hard Honda racers have finally given up on Honda due to problems trying to finance racing the uni-cam motors. Look at these results;
http://www.district37ama.org/offroad/results/07_dmc.pdf
Anyone can get pit support from Honda, you just have to be willing to pay alot of money and of course ride red. The one thing they won't tell you is that if you are in front of one of their sponsored riders or catching them or in anyway a threat to them they will hold you up when pitting. Seen it a few times happen to some friends. This is for the bigger races though(SCORE).

Old 03-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: oldturtle Many die hard Honda racers have finally given up on Honda due to problems trying to finance racing the uni-cam motors. Look at these results;
I agree with what you say about Honda support in desert racing, but what I quoted here is bogus and shows you read to much of the internet. My '05 CRF450 is still bone stock and the valves have not needed an adjustment yet! And many more CRF owner's I talk to at the track say the same thing.

The reason you hear of horror stories on dirtbike sites about valve life of the CRF's is....

A) Owner's that don't clean their filters or keep fresh oil in these hi-po machines
B) There are simply more Honda's out there so more stories will come from them, as well as many "haters".

And not to meniton EVERYONE (that isn't biased) knows that uni-cam 450 motor makes the most usable power than any other 450 engine made. And I mean that for the CRF's, not necessarily for the ATV's.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Red Rider

Well, that's all like saying a Yamaha didn't win because a Yamaha didn't enter......what a copout! Most of these entries are NOT FACTORY HONDA TEAMS, yet what do they ride....the 450R!

If you are going to race, make a 100% effort or stay at home.....and if you know your machine can't finish a 1000 mile race, well that's plenty of motivation to stay at home as well....and you know darn well that's why the other manufacturers aren't represented here.....they just don't want to get embarassed......

Old 03-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honda makes a good product, and they put the most $$ into supporting this series bar none. I expect them to win this type of race. Bottomline though, the quads winning these events are set up vastly different than the one in your garage for the most part. I mean, Ballance has won 7 straight GNCC's. That is the type of racing that most closely resembles my riding conditions, but it is not why i bought a YFZ. My quad is nothing compared to Ballances' ride, in fact, it is widely excepted that the 450R is a better woods ride stock. Congrats to Honda, now let's go ride!

Old 03-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Scooter86 Bottomline though, the quads winning these events are set up vastly different than the one in your garage for the most part.
Actually.......in the Baja type races, they are closer to stock than you think.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Baja 250.....another Honda 450R Sweep!