Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

so pissed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so pissed!!!

foudn out if u strpi the threads on the oil plug u are screwed....cuz u cant drill it out or it will crack like mine did now im screwdd the threasd cracked not the block so they are gunna put a plug in it just to update u on my situations. hope this works.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:37 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default so pissed!!!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: copekid

foudn out if u strpi the threads on the oil plug u are screwed....cuz u cant drill it out or it will crack like mine did now im screwdd the threasd cracked not the block so they are gunna put a plug in it just to update u on my situations. hope this works.</end quote></div>

Self tapping drain plug could have done the trick.
Next time do not use a torque wrench.
Some people do not know their own strength either.
Some would put a small amount of grease around the ridge of the drain plug screw it in by hand snug and give it a small tug with a wrench and watch the grease plat out around the ridge of the plug.
You will know it is seated and tight.
That would be one way to gage your own strength.

18 ft/lbs seems to be alot sure there was no decimal point between the 1 and the 8.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default so pissed!!!

The problem is that if you need a torque wrench to change your oil, you should leave the maintenance to someone else.

The chances are pretty good that the torque specs in the manual could somehow be misprinted(they screw up these manuals all the time).

Also, If you have a screw on filter......did you use a torque wrench on your filter? (Oh you didn't have to?) Didn't think so.

Sorry to rant.....just my opinion, and you no how that story goes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default so pissed!!!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: squeege

The problem is that if you need a torque wrench to change your oil, you should leave the maintenance to someone else.

The chances are pretty good that the torque specs in the manual could somehow be misprinted(they screw up these manuals all the time).

Also, If you have a screw on filter......did you use a torque wrench on your filter? (Oh you didn't have to?) Didn't think so.

Sorry to rant.....just my opinion, and you no how that story goes[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Well we should not beat a horse to death. Sarcasm is being anti-productive.
We all made or make errors from time to time, it is in our nature, and it is our best and worst quality, depending on the situation.
Maybe if he was curious use the torque wrench to see how much torque it takes to remove a nut or bolt, on something that has little value. Compare that to what ever takeing into consideration the material the object being torqued is made of.
Then take a box wrench to it and compare his own strength, just to get the feel of it.
One way we learn the best is to mess up once in a while, but remember it the best when it costs a few dollars...
The fellow will catch on quick, to double check the tol specs, on everything you read.

Have to give him credit for his efforts by going by the book.
Not all of us have had the opportunity to have someone overlooking and directing us in all these things.

Also the double digit CC Honda engines have a screen inside front bottom of the clutch cover just at the mouth of the oil pump. That acts like a crap trap.
Other than that there may be a cylindrical magnet located in the center of the stock drain plug.
No screw on filters.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default so pissed!!!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TommyA300

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: squeege

Sorry to rant.....just my opinion, and you no how that story goes[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Well we should not beat a horse to death. Sarcasm is being anti-productive.

We all made or make errors from time to time, it is in our nature, and it is our best and worst quality, depending on the situation.

Maybe if he was curious use the torque wrench to see how much torque it takes to remove a nut or bolt, on something that has little value. Compare that to what ever takeing into consideration the material the object being torqued is made of.

Then take a box wrench to it and compare his own strength, just to get the feel of it.

One way we learn the best is to mess up once in a while, but remember it the best when it costs a few dollars...

The fellow will catch on quick, to double check the tol specs, on everything you read.

Have to give him credit for his efforts by going by the book.

Not all of us have had the opportunity to have someone overlooking and directing us in all these things.

Also the double digit CC Honda engines have a screen inside front bottom of the clutch cover just at the mouth of the oil pump. That acts like a crap trap.

Other than that there may be a cylindrical magnet located in the center of the stock drain plug.

No screw on filters.</end quote></div>

Sorry, I can be a bit of a ***** sometimes....I may have came close to stripping the spark plug hole out on my kodiak the last time I changed it.....so, I feel for ya man....