Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Measurements of a TRX250R needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 12:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Measurements of a TRX250R needed

I Am goin' to go pick up a TRX250R.... It's to far to travel with my jeep wrangler and trailer as it may break down or over heat on me.

So I am taken my Wifes 05 Jeep Liberty instead. She has no Tow hitch, So I need to know the Height of a TRX250R and the Length and Width .....

I Plan to Remove wheels and rims and the rear grab bar ,front Bumper if need be...But I need to know the Base of Frame to the Steering unit,as I will Lower the Handle bars Back...

I want to know the Spindle to Spindle Distance and the Over all Axle Length with the Hubs on the ends....If the Rear Swing arm is to High,I Can Rachet strap it down to Hold the spring compressed some for the ride home...

As the Space I have to work with is 36" HIGH, 45" Wide and 65" Front to Back...

Thanks anyone

Scottie_The_Boy

Old 08-29-2010, 06:50 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why dont you call the guy you are buying it from and ask him to measure it ? If I had to guess I would say yes it will fit .

Old 08-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BigBoreKit, I Just got done emailing him...And I Personally feel it would fit after I removed some Parts.... As I can Bolt stuff back on when I get Home and settled...

It's a flat track racer,So it is lowered for sure,Yet Wider then Normal... So I may Remove wheels... Unbolt the Inner front Control arms and leave brakes and such Hooked,Just Slip them in under the frame slightly.Also unbolt the swing arm and leave the brakes hooked Up,yet place the chain in a Box with the extra cyclinder,stock muffler,front swaybar and so on... as the Tires I can Place on the front seat, as the tool box will set on the front floor board....

I Just want to put it together when I get home before the wife looks at it, as seein' Items in Parts form,they think anything is Junk....

Take care and Happy Trail Riding.
Scottie_The_Boy