Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Cops and atv's dont mix

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 01:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's kind of funny. When I was a kid (pre-16) I got 6 tickets for riding my YZ80 on the streets. There were no ATV's then.

Now, people ride them all over the place. I guess hosting the ATV jamboree helps. The cops wave as they go by. As it should be.

Old 12-27-2001, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

There is only one person in my neighborhood who cares about us riding, and she always calls the cops on us, well one night there was a young cop that came up to my house close to 9:00 PM and told me just to wear a helmet and they can't do anything unless they see you commit the offense, he also lied to the B!!CH and said he couldn't do anything during "non business hours" I thought that was pretty funny, but what really pisses me off is the same B!!CH will call the cops on my neighbors for riding on their own property, or startting up his race car. I think most of them come talk to us just because they want the B!!CH to stop calling them. Oh and from my experiences, it is only State Troopers that give me ****, usually.

Old 12-27-2001, 07:25 PM
Range Rover

Big city cops are usually cooler than other cops about atv's because they have better things to worry about. At my friend's house in Cleveland he runs his Banshee down the street all the time and you never even see a cop. If you do they just look the other way. But if you would get chased there's not too many places to run to, not like in the country.

Old 12-27-2001, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

I could understand having the police called on you for riding at 9:00PM under certain conditions. My friend's R4 exhaust on his 400ex is loud as crap and if somebody near you has small kids trying to sleep you should not ride.

Old 12-27-2001, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

My neighbors are really cool about riding our quads down the street(but it's only one block two the woods where i ride so). None of them have ever called the cops....and i've even passed a cop one time. I was riding in about 2nd gear slowly....and i even stopped so he could talk to me( i stopped first and he pulled up). He said it was fine as long as we stayed to the side and didn't ride fast.

But when it snows here in NC, about once a year, the streets ice over. When that happens, we all go full blast up and down the streets all over the nieghborhood and no one cares, cause schools out.

Old 12-28-2001, 01:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

A LITTLE AWAY FROM WHERE WE LIVE THE COPS HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THEN TO CHASE ATVERS BUT TO THEIR DISMAY THEY WOULD HAVE NO CHANCE IN HELL TO CATCH US AND HELL NO NOBODY BETTER BE DUMB ENOUGHT TO STOP FOR A COP IF THEY ARE CHASING YOU THAT WOULD MEAN SOME BIG TROUBLE YOU JUST BETTER HOPE YOU KNOW WHERE U ARE RIDING AND KNOW OF AN ESCAPE ROUTE

HAVE FUN ALL AND DONT DO ANYTHING STUPID WHILE RUNNING FROM POPOS

Old 12-28-2001, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

When you guys say run, how far do you run? The one time I ran it was like 100 feet and I was out of sight down a trail. My friend says when he goes to all the places where they drag the Raptors and all that jazz on the street the cops come and everybody floors it a different way...lol. He said one of them tried chasing a Raptor.

Old 12-28-2001, 07:29 AM
Pro Rider

I usually don't have to run far before I'm on a trail but that does'nt meen the cops still won't try a trail too.

Old 12-28-2001, 07:48 PM
Trailblazer

I remeber over the summer me and my friends were camping out and we took out atvs.Well we went back in my neighbor hood so we could taLK to some girl.On the way out we saw a cop and we were like oh $h1t so we ran.(i had a GNCC Banshee that would run 98-102)The cop was right on us(i was in 4th) and my friends i told them to go(we all had cb's)(they were also on timberwolfs)and i floored it and the cop started commin after me(they made it to camp)i went like 2miles up the road and did a u turn the cop went slidin and started chasin me i went through all 6 gears and left his a$$ wanderin what happened(A good tip,dont run if your atv goes under 50)

Old 12-28-2001, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

HEHE, I don't have to worry about them catching me with my modded DS. The key to not getting caught with a fast bike is not to screw up and crash. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Cops and atv's dont mix