Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher ES Tranny Problems!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancher ES Tranny Problems!?!?!?

250r is a nice antique. Nobody races one competitively without extensive mods.
400 EX is a nice quad for the wife or kids. Either one, stock, can't hold a candle to the current crop of high performance offerings from All the other manufacturers. You are on crack if you think different.

Old 12-03-2002, 07:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LMAO, glad I brought my rubber boots.
250r is a nice antique. Nobody races one competitively without extensive mods.
You might as well have walked up and stabbed them in the back.LOL but its the truth.

Old 12-03-2002, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

400ex is antiquated, 250r makes more sence in todays market. Same hp and lighter. If its going to weigh that much atleast have reverse.
Raptor 01s are crap, IMO all raptors get too much attention. Guess its just yammy lovers that want to be fast and yet be different from the banshee people, god klnows they dont use that reverse 90% of the time on the race ones. Also its tippy, and dosent handle well.
Banshee, yamahas greatest creation ever. Now if they would only update the frame and suspension since its legal now
Bombradier, sweet but heavy, good craftsmanship though.
Warrior, slow, reliable, IMO bad tranny and clutch, bad geometry. Fills its niche nicely but could be better for same amount of money.
Cannondale, cost your right leg
Blaster, not gonna go there. Same as warrior cept its price fits it nicely.
250r Good for the money when it was new but now they are a rolling load of aftermarket over priced crap that you will pay way too much for then wonder why its not faster. Not to say some arent nice but im tired of seeing them for 4 grand, god knows a 16 year old quad with a few aftermarket parts, most of them not even usefull isint worth that much. I think people just like to see how much money they can spend on one.
We all know our bikes suck in one way or another.

Old 12-03-2002, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

I had the same prob with my rancher es. Hondas clutch plate was falty in 00 and i think 01 so i got that replaced and no probs since!

Old 12-03-2002, 08:14 PM
Range Rover

yeah, that new rincon is scoring high in all the contests. last time i checked, it came in last. engine braking is horrible, its the most expensive, and it has the rackspace of a button buck. wow. and then theres the never ending saga of hondas "new" sport quad that will never come out, or if it does, we will be GONE! geez, i need to go give honda some of my $ tomarrow by the way y'all glorify them.

Old 12-03-2002, 08:44 PM
Range Rover

oh, i almost forgot to mention that that wonderful new RINCON already has a R-E-C-A-L-L!!! wow, it was out so long before that happend right? be careful, the front end might fall apart and send you flyin. must be that honda quality. pretty simple issue to get straight, torque specs. wow.

Old 12-03-2002, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

For what it's worth Fourlix helped me with his posts in this thread. My friends dad is looking at the ES model as we speak. I think I'll mention this to him and maybe save him a few bucks and headaches in the future. Preventative maintenace I like to call it.

Thanks, Fourlix!!!!

To tell you the truth, this very Honda forum has what's made me end up disliking Honda riders more than any other make out there. I know exactly what you're talking about Fourlix. It's an attitude that I just can't grasp. My friend and his dad are Honda loyal's, too. Won't have anything but, and they have the same attitude. I have never witnessed this attitude among ANY other rider makes. Will pay more and get less, but as long as it says Honda on it. I don't get THAT! I catch a rash of crap from both of them because I ride a Kawasaki, but my Kawi has been a great quad. Don't get me wrong I know not all Honda riders are this way, but a vast majority.... Sorry, had to vent a little. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh, and just to add something that was said earlier about pulling quads back to the truck and what not. I have had to pull a 400EX back to the truck. My quad has never been towed anywhere by anything!! What's that mean? Absolutely NOTHING.

Old 12-03-2002, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

would someone do us all a favor and delete this thread???

Old 12-03-2002, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

Something else I would like to add, with the input Fourlix has put forth, the individual with the problem may actually consider selling his current unit and search out an S model, or something else, even. He may have had no idea whatsoever that others have experienced this kind of problem with this particular machine. With this newfound knowledge, especially put forth by as reputable as a member as Fourlix, he may put it to good use.

Thanks, again, Fourlix. Please keep the info. coming.

Old 12-03-2002, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, yeah, BTW, my wife's brand new 02 Recon ES left us stranded out in the middle of the dunes this year, because it decided not to shift into any gear! Man, was I pis*ed! Guess what? Had to tow it and my wife back to camp with my DS and take it back to the dealer to get it fixed under a Honda service bulletin! Foot shift is the way to go! No more ES for me!

Fourlix speaks the truth! plain and simple.

Quick Reply: Rancher ES Tranny Problems!?!?!?