Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

5 killed in Wisconsin Deer Hunting Dispute

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 killed in Wisconsin Deer Hunting Dispute

A few reasons why he is going to be found guilty....

most people were shot in the back...
his comments about 'you're not dead', etc.
his changing his story to the police to say that one of the hunters killed all the others....gotta love that one....
his chasing people down to kill them, which he even admitted...
etc., etc., etc...

live in prison is fine with me, he'll be in bad shape in a prison for something like that....

Old 11-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: springdrl
I've seen first hand how hunting can bring out the worst in people. I remember many years ago (late 70's) when a teenage friend and I got lost in the woods. We walked for what seemed like miles before we came upon two guys who belonged to a hunting club. One of them even had his young son in his pickup with him. They gave us a severe tongue lashing for getting on their lease, then refused to take or show us to the nearest road. The older of the two just told us to walk back in the same direction that we came. I'll never forget the guy in the pickup shaking his head "no" when I pleaded with him just to drop us off at the nearest public road. We would have found our way back from there.

It took us several hours but we finally made our way back late that afternoon.

I have no problem believing that there was more than one %$#hole involved in this story.

What are you saying....because they called him racial slurs that he had the right to shoot all of them????????????????????????????????

yes there are a$$holes out there, doesn't matter, they own the land, you climbed in their stand, they have the right to kick you off.....even if they call you a two-peckered goat, no right to kill everyone....

not sure if thats what you are trying to say, but still no reason to start shooting....I had a gun pointed at me for riding across private land during hunting season on my dirt bike....thing was, it was on the city side of the city/country line....there is no hunting allowed on the city side, but they were still there...i stopped when yelled at....guy had no right to point his gun at me, could have called me whatever he wanted, but no right to point the gun.....i was on his land, but he was breaking the law by hunting there.....little did he know my next door neighbor was the head of the DNR in northeastern Wisconsin....so just reported him when i got back

Old 11-30-2004, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

A couple things I find strange.

What were all those people doing out there without weapons? When Im hunting Im armed all the time .
Kind of makes me suspect something else was going on .
I heard there was more than one confrontation . Who knows maybe they were asaulting or threataning to kill him? Maybe hes a serial killer ?
Of course there is no excuse for murder but I think something caused the guy to go over the edge. From the looks of it the whole story will never come out but I bet the rough draft for movie of the week has already been written.

Old 11-30-2004, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

i think the story will come out, i think most is out already....you have his word against two others that lived....he changed his story already, trying to say one of the hunters killed all the other ones, then he changed to he shot them.....he also said he was going to turn himself in, but no mention of that when the DNR officer arrested him....

too many holes in his story, he will be found guilty of all counts....

one thing I don't understand, his 3 defense attorneys were comtemplating on their defense from what I heard, either that they fired at him first or insanity....wtf? but that was just a media release, never know....

Old 12-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Range Rover

Some of the people were unarmed because they were just staying in the cabin. Maybe they weren't hunters, just liked to stay with their friends in the cabin. If you are riding double up on an ATV to go check on someone that may have fallen out of a tree stand It is very difficult to carry a rifle or two with you, transcript stated that there were no gun racks on the atv's. I am sure that those people could never have imagined that someone was shooting people like they were rabbits.

Old 12-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Wheather he gets life in prison or whatever, true justice will come on his day of judgement before God. That is what he better be really scared for.

Old 12-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Catterman
Wheather he gets life in prison or whatever, true justice will come on his day of judgement before God. That is what he better be really scared for.
Amen !! When he is in prison he will have a lot of time to think about that if the prisoners don't kill him first for shooting unarmed people in the back. That alone makes him a murderer and a coward in my book no matter what they di or said first.

Old 12-01-2004, 06:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I hope they fry the scumbag! His apparant plan was to kill everyone so there would be no witness.

Old 12-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

sick SOB

dont forget your pistol next hunting trip

Old 12-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: garyc660R
I hope they fry the scumbag! His apparant plan was to kill everyone so there would be no witness.
Thats exactly what it looks like....remember also that there was a hunter killed 3 years ago in Wisconsin during deer season. The hunter was shot twice in the back, unsolved. Only clues was 3 oriental men were seen near the area in a small either Nissan or Chevy Pickup. Turns out this guy had a tag in Wisconsin that year and also owned a 1987 Nissan Pickup.....coincidence?

Quick Reply: 5 killed in Wisconsin Deer Hunting Dispute