Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Old 06-06-2016, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Hydrex, maybe you can clear something up for me. I heard your Governor signed a bill making it legal for Maine residents to carry concealed without a permit. Someone said that applies to people from other states that are able to carry concealed too. You hear anything? I don't want to concealed carry until I'm sure I'm allowed. Thanks. -Moose
Moose, pretty sure if you are legal to own a gun, you can concealed carry in Maine. Our governor is pretty cool, kinda like a non wealthy Trump. Says what's on his mind, screw political correctness. Wants the state to pay it's bills, fix the roads, hang all the drug dealers, not use taxpayer money to build a methadone clinic every 2 miles. Hard row to hoe, with all the wackos in the government. If you come from NH you should be fine with CC. If you come thru Mass, you will be arrested, probably sent to prison.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrex
Moose, pretty sure if you are legal to own a gun, you can concealed carry in Maine. Our governor is pretty cool, kinda like a non wealthy Trump. Says what's on his mind, screw political correctness. Wants the state to pay it's bills, fix the roads, hang all the drug dealers, not use taxpayer money to build a methadone clinic every 2 miles. Hard row to hoe, with all the wackos in the government. If you come from NH you should be fine with CC. If you come thru Mass, you will be arrested, probably sent to prison.
Been a fan of him every time I see him on the news. Wish we'd get someone like that here in Mass.

Was just trying to figure out if the new law he signed works for those from out of state that have an LTC. I have the Mass. LTC and the Non-resident Utah LTC.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Caught my former best friend screwing a cow in the "tie up" where the milking happened. Luckily, I had a neighborhood girl with me to witness the spectacle. I grew up on a farm, but never saw the attraction, especially with plenty of friendly girls around. Stopped hanging around with that guy who will remain nameless. He would also pee on electric fences and say"Bettern a woman" DeeDawg , ever wonder why the exterminated wolves? Hmmm, our ancestors were just mean spirited, I guess, haha. When I go out at midnite to put wood in the wood boiler, I hear coyotes AND wolves howling all around me, nope, coyotes don't sound like wolves. A local zoo had a female wolf come into heat, outside the fence, bunch of male wolves were fighting to get in, haha.

hmmmm

Old 06-16-2016, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

Been a fan of him every time I see him on the news. Wish we'd get someone like that here in Mass.
Was just trying to figure out if the new law he signed works for those from out of state that have an LTC. I have the Mass. LTC and the Non-resident Utah LTC.

Moose, you'd need to read the actual law that was signed to get the actual wording. And I know that I'm hijacking the thread a bit but if you go here: Handgunlaw.us it'll give you all the specifics for your state and associated states with respect to yours for these types of questions. Cheers

Old 06-16-2016, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Alex G.
Moose, you'd need to read the actual law that was signed to get the actual wording. And I know that I'm hijacking the thread a bit but if you go here: Handgunlaw.us it'll give you all the specifics for your state and associated states with respect to yours for these types of questions. Cheers
To further hijack the thread. From Maine's website: Notice to Applicants:

Effective October 15, 2015, Public Law 2015, Chapter 327 (LD 652), “An Act To Authorize the Carrying of Concealed Handguns without a Permit,” allows a person who is not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm to carry a concealed handgun in the State of Maine without a permit. This law also authorizes a person to possess a loaded pistol or revolver while in a motor vehicle, trailer or other vehicle being hauled by a motor vehicle.

Concealed carry without a permit is limited to people who are 21 or older, with the following exception: If a person is 18 years of age or older, and is on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States or the National Guard, or has been honorably discharged from the Armed Forces or the National Guard, and is not otherwise prohibited from carrying a firearm, the person may carry a concealed handgun. A person who is 18-20 years old and without the referenced military qualifications must have a permit to carry concealed. The law applies to both residents of Maine and non-residents.

That means to me: If I'm not prohibited by my state to carry a concealed firearm, I'm not prohibited by Maine. Can it really be that simple?

Old 06-17-2016, 04:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Caught my former best friend screwing a cow in the "tie up" where the milking happened. Luckily, I had a neighborhood girl with me to witness the spectacle. I grew up on a farm, but never saw the attraction, especially with plenty of friendly girls around. Stopped hanging around with that guy who will remain nameless. He would also pee on electric fences and say"Bettern a woman"

I work a lot in the middle east, and livestock is something that is "used" far more than you would believe in this part of the world. US forces, US contractors, and our allies have videoed these incidences thousands of times.

There are also thousands of "bacha bazi" boys as well....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi

Old 06-17-2016, 05:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If I'm not prohibited by my state to carry a concealed firearm, I'm not prohibited by Maine. Can it really be that simple?

This is the gubermint (two, actually) so; NO

Old 06-17-2016, 09:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by moosehenden
that means to me: If i'm not prohibited by my state to carry a concealed firearm, i'm not prohibited by maine. Can it really be that simple?

yes

Old 06-17-2016, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Alex G.
yes
We bump into the Warden Service quite a bit in So. Maine. I'll ask one of them next time I see them just to be sure. Maybe I'll print up the law and keep it with me.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Eisenpforte
Hopefully they will find the corpse.

I don't think so - it's too far off the beaten path in a massive federal forest....