Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Taurus 24/7 .45 acp loading issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 12:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taurus 24/7 .45 acp loading issues

I think I remember Cor-Bon coming out with something they called "powerball" in .45 acp and other calibers. It had a plastic ball that pushed into the bullet upon impact, causing good expansion every time. Maybe this is it.

Old 08-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

hey rhet glad to hear im not the only one with the issues, kind of figured there was nothing individually wrong with the gun, i have no loading issues with fmj, just hollow past 8 u can easily see it jam up in the magazine has nothing to do with the gun, any trigger reset failures? im going to go shooting again tommorow hopefully and see what happens, eh can only get better right??

hey let me know what kind of holster your going to get i 've searchin and not decisive on anything yet

ps i doubht they are going to fix the problem with the magazine seeing how you the exact same problem at the exact same number of rounds i have, its a flaw which prolly not going to get fixed, thats y im going to corbon (sp?) for loading reliablity in the higher 8-12 round capacity

Old 08-13-2005, 12:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

as far as holsters are concerned, the jury's still out. Galco has some good ones -- I like the "small of the back" holster for the 24/7. If your going to bring it rough riding on a ATV, though, maybe a good strap or even full flap would be a good idea. I've had a hard time finding selection because the model is still so new. Let me know if you see a full-flap leather holster for the 24/7 (that doesn't cost as much as the pistol!).

Old 08-13-2005, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

The loads yall are talkin about are called Pow'r Ball. Idk if Cor-bon makes them or not, but I know they are quality ammo. My Springfield doesnt like some loads, particuarly Hydra-shocks. I have settled with Hornady TAP ammo. It has proven totally realiable, and hard hitting.

If your lookin at another brand pistol, try the Springfield XD. I fell in love w/ mine when I first picked it up. I thought I liked a Glock till this gun.

Another thing, how do yall feel about Taurus revolvers. Are they plauged by the same QC issues, or is it just auto's?

Old 08-13-2005, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

rhet biggest selection i saw so far is this website

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG1.asp

Old 08-13-2005, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bigbamaboy
The loads yall are talkin about are called Pow'r Ball. Idk if Cor-bon makes them or not, but I know they are quality ammo. My Springfield doesnt like some loads, particuarly Hydra-shocks. I have settled with Hornady TAP ammo. It has proven totally realiable, and hard hitting.

If your lookin at another brand pistol, try the Springfield XD. I fell in love w/ mine when I first picked it up. I thought I liked a Glock till this gun.

Another thing, how do yall feel about Taurus revolvers. Are they plauged by the same QC issues, or is it just auto's?
i fired 3 revolvers since i purchases my auto, the revolvers are consider much much more reliable then their auto's, seems its rare to find a issue with their revolvers, i orginally want one , but i couldn't get my hands on a .45 acp one

Old 08-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Little Bill,
I never had a trigger problem EXCEPT when the ammo was jamming under the ramp (and the slide wasn't all the way forward). The trigger would sometimes act up until I had everything back to normal. I've never had a trigger problem just out of the blue. Also, as far as holsters are concerned, I'll probably be going with the Michael's of Oregon ("Uncle Mike's") website. I've e-mailed them asking about a 24/7 fit to remove any guesswork, and hope to order one soon. The prices are fantastic, and I enjoyed one I've used previously for a Ruger P89. By the way, the Winchester 45 auto 230 gr. hollow points I've tried have been working well so far. I've fired 2 mags full without incident, but want to really test them out before I settle on them for defense.

Old 08-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

rhet, let me know when u get a price or design, i definitely will be interested, have a website in particular?

Old 08-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

The website I was looking at:

http://www.unclemikes.com/catfeature...catky1=4548802

I'll let you know when I order something. I'm waiting for a response from them, because the 24/7 isn't in their search database (most uncle Mikes are universal holster designs). I like to wear a holster just behind the hip on my back; it seems to stay out of the way much better, and not get snagged on things. I will either get one designed for this, or a hip holster w/ integral magazine pouch, and just wear it further back. The prices on these are great, and better suited for ATV than the expensive leather ones (if weather exposure and price are issues for you). Also, many of these have snap straps that are removable, depending on need.

Old 08-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

sounds real good definitely let me know what u get, cus that sounds exactly what i am looking for

Quick Reply: Taurus 24/7 .45 acp loading issues