Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-Force vs. Banshee vs. Raptor - My Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force vs. Banshee vs. Raptor - My Results

After seeing the "I thought V-Force was fast" and "V700 not impressed" threads, I decided to show how a V will run when someone actually knows how to tune one. I've been trash-talking with my brother ever since I put the duals on and he's been giving it back since he put a Coolhead on his Banshee, so we couldn't wait to line them up. Since I read the thread about a Raptor beating a V with duals by 8 quadlengths, I was going to make sure my buddy with his piped 2003 Raptor went with us. We had to wait until 3:30 for him to get off work Sunday, but I was going to get some results one way or another.

Brother's 2000 Banshee:
FMF Fatty's and jetting, K&N, White Bros. boost bottle and Prodesign Coolhead. 260lb. rider.

Buddy's 2003 Raptor:
White Bros. E Series pipe and jetting, UNI air filter. 210lb. rider

My V
Alien Duals and jetting, Hotseat Performance purple primary spring, 12 univents in airbox. 250lb. rider.

In an approx. 250 yard race, beat the Banshee by a solid 1-3 quadlengths every time in 5 races. Beat the Raptor by 5-6 quadlengths in 3 races, then he gave up and just watched. Only counting races with good starts and no missed shifts.

Raptor vs. Banshee vs. V

Ratptor vs. V

Banshee vs. V

A few things worth noting:
Picked up a solid 3 quadlengths with the new primary and the Alien duals. I believe I could've taken the Raptor just by replacing the primary spring, the duals just made it worse.
If I strictly wanted to dragrace, I could've put the Polaris orange primary spring I have in and probably picked up another 500 RPM's and put another quadlength on them.
If you are putting duals on the V and not changing the primary spring, YOU ARE WASTING 500+ DOLLARS.

Take it for what its worth.

Old 06-23-2003, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

that's suprising to say the least. A well tuned banshee should fly past you.
what size jets? can you use the purple spring for casual driving (putting around) or does it jerk too much?

Old 06-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

thats not a bit surprising , keep up the good work .

Old 06-23-2003, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Congrads on your results Kevin!
Its a great thing that the V has been out for only a few months and it already has banshee and craptor riders eating V-force dirt! Thanks to your post, I'm going to the polaris dealer tomorrow to get a purple primary spring. Question.. How does it affect the rideably on the trails with that spring? Once I get the spring in place, I'm going to have some fun with certain YAMAHA riders. Thanks again for the info Kevin![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2003, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

After a long day at work it's good to hear a great story like that, and pictures to go with it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] When I get a little extra money, the spring and exhaust will be bought!

Old 06-23-2003, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer

kevin, how long is your purple spring??? do you think it would be better than ''yellow 3-1/8'' . what alttitude do you ride at,what jets are you running?

Old 06-23-2003, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

All i can say is job well done!!! Nice pic's also.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2003, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Next time, swap riders and drag on different quads like you on the shee, buddy on v, and other buddy on raptor and take it from there on, personally, i think your the better rider of them because my shee will spin through 4 gears, that might have happened then but i dont know about the raptor.

Old 06-24-2003, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

KevinM, can I copy your photo and quote you on my KFX perfomance tips page?

Old 06-24-2003, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Honestly, if you've ever seen a V-Force that is set up right, it shouldn't be that surprising. The 700 twin is the first 4-stroke in my opinion that can rival the 350 twin and the auto is always an advantage in a drag race.

I'm jetted at 138/142 approx. 600 ft. above sea level, running just a little rich.

Purple spring is fine for trail riding, approx. 500-700 RPM stall over stock, hardly noticeable at takeoff once you get used to it.

The purple is approx. 2 7/8 inches long, but I can't find the specs on it. I'd say the yellow would probably give you more RPM's on top since its a little longer, so if you can live with the stall on the yellow, it may be a better spring.

As for the riders, my brother on the Banshee is by far the better rider, he has a shelf full of trophies to prove it. He said I was jumping on him by 2 lengths before the powerband came in and he couldn't gain any at all on me and even lost ground a couple of times. I'd call it about even between my buddy on the Raptor and myself.

Nyroc, help yourself. The more people who get their V's running right, the less stories I hope to hear about Raptors, DS's or even Predators passing them at 150 yards.

Quick Reply: V-Force vs. Banshee vs. Raptor - My Results