Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Do you let strangers ride your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you let strangers ride your bike?

i let a freind of a freind ride my prairie once and i was so worried that i jummped on friends kx85 and whent following him. Never agian will i let a stranger ride my quad it scared the $hit out of me and i dont think he would have paid for any damage and i sure dont have the money.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2003, 01:19 AM
Trailblazer

i only let my brother and close family that have thier own or who
have riding them before. When i first got my bike the second day
i had it my uncle rolled it in a ditch and bent my fariring but no real
damage and he wasn't hurt(the main thing).

Old 07-16-2003, 01:53 PM
Trailblazer

I had a guy ask me if he could ride my Harley arouund the block. I said "how about you let me ride your old lady?". Boy, he didn't know what to say. He walked off and came back 15 minutes later and told me he was mad. I then told him "now you know how I feel about my bike". I told him I just educated him. No more problem. Try that the next time they ask. Use
wife or girlfriend or old lady. Oh, I'm glad he didn't take me up on it. She was kinda ugly.

Old 07-16-2003, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

i once let a friend ride my quads, once he flipped my twolf, another time he did a wheelie on my 300ex, fell of the back and it went down a bank off into a 5ft deep creek, we completely drained it, all the gas, oil, and water, then she rolled over and crunk right up, we only spent about $5.00 for oil, and kerosene to flush the water oil out of the machine, runs like new again and it only took a day to fix.

Old 07-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

Triumphdude ROTFLMAO i thought i was the only one who used that line , to this day i've never had the option returned though .

Old 07-16-2003, 03:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

At the A.T.P.T.n nationals this year, my bike broke down, two fellow forum members allowed me to ride there bikes. I was gratefull to them for allowing me to do so. They are complete strangers, I had never seen either before the event. Now I consider them friends. You have to have alot of trust to allow someone to ride your bike. Until the event only my brother and a few cousins had rode my bike. Now things have changed. I was very happy to see that type of generosity shown to me at the event. Thanks Mr. Meaner and Buttfungus.

Old 07-16-2003, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

I will only allow those whom I ride with all the time and if they are on mine I am on theres , even tho they are close friends and family I still would not allow them to ride it if Im not there or if I dont have theres to ride " If I dont go , the quad dont go " and the brake it buy it rule stands with us , one of my friends nows this all to well , 02' limited rappy rolling down the Mtn. 16 times , total cost out of his pocket for a quad that was'nt even his was $3700 and the shop is still not done with it , so the price could still go up.

Old 07-16-2003, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

no way man,every time i let dudes ride my kfx 400,they bagged the **** out of it,even bent my swingarm skid plate.never again ,well unless they are runnin down a tree hugger.

Old 07-16-2003, 11:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Close friends only! Why would you in your right mind go ask someone to ride there quad??? Loooooser!

Old 07-17-2003, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

If I may add to this thread, I would never think of asking someone to ride their quad. The only person that has rode on mine is my dad because he can afford to buy me a new one if he wrecks it. My husband rides it but he is also my mechanic so I have to let him. I think people get caught up in the speed and just want to get on feel the heat.
I stay away from letting friends ride it. Because, a quad is not worth losing a friendship over and that is exactly what would happen if one of them rode mine and damaged it and refused to fix it.

Sorry but I would make them pay for damages. Just like I would pay for any damages I caused or my kids would cause.

Just my opinion.