Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Do you let strangers ride your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you let strangers ride your bike?

It seems like every time I take my bike out, someone asks if they can take my bike for a spin. Do they actually think I spent over 6 grand to let it get wrecked by some dorf? What do you guys think?

Old 07-15-2003, 01:41 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Nope, nope, not worth it!!!

ChetRacer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2003, 01:48 AM
Trailblazer

no, and im thinking about not letting anyone else except maybe my brother and a few close friends ride it anymore. the second damn day i had it my friends friend hit my vforce's left side aginst a dirt wall cause he couldnt see where he was going. now there is a tiny bit of cracked plastic, and the left headlight is sorta screwed up. hopefully they can adjust it during the break-in tune up and nothing else is wrong. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

i dont even want to ask him to pay for it because its probably "not that bad."
yea, right. let me hit your 6.5k machine aginst a wall the second day you have it.

Old 07-15-2003, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

I only let real close friends ride my quad, even then only if they are experienced at riding. I dont think its cool for someone you dont even know to ask to ride your machine.....I mean would you walk up to someone you dont know and ask if you could test drive their car, of course not.

Old 07-15-2003, 07:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dirthead
I only let real close friends ride my quad, even then only if they are experienced at riding. I dont think its cool for someone you dont even know to ask to ride your machine.....I mean would you walk up to someone you dont know and ask if you could test drive their car, of course not.
well said .... I let someone on my Vforce when it was about two weeks old .... against all my warnings ... he promptly did a wheel stand.... bent the grap handle, tore off the tail light, and cracked the rear plastic ($325 )

Old 07-15-2003, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider

V forcer, did he pay for it?

When I was much much younger, I had a TRX125 and a neighbors kid did over $300 damage to it (back in 1986). To this day they have not paid a cent. I learned my lesson.

Old 07-15-2003, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

I don't let anyone drive my quads, I hardly let my parents drive them. If I lived near a dealer then I would let more people ride them, like my sister and brother but when you live 5-10 hours away from the closest dealer it sucks to wait for parts or if you have to drive the quad to them then it totally screws everything up. If I wreck it then I have myself to blame, then its OK.

Old 07-15-2003, 10:26 AM
Trailblazer

Friends, yes. Strangers? Nope. Not a chance.
But all my friends know, as well as I do if I borrow something of theirs, if you break it, you pay for it!!

Old 07-15-2003, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

Tell em the Dealer has a Demo - if the Dealer dont he does not need to sell them.

Old 07-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

I had my prairie about 2 weeks and let a guy ride it. He nailed a tree and broke off the right front tire, bent the frame, cracked the handle bars in half, smashed in the front rack and bumber and broke all the front plastic, handlebar plastic, and air cover.

Quick Reply: Do you let strangers ride your bike?