Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I'm tired of people trying to tell me where I can ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 12:30 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm tired of people trying to tell me where I can ride!!!

I'm tired of people trying to tell me where I can ride. I have a Bayou and a KDX200. The KDX is 2-stroke with a Fatty(Gnarly) pipe and FMF Powercore II and I know it is loud, big deal. Of course, I know you're not supposed to ride on public streets or near houses. BUT, I do occassionally, and hardly ever ride the same place twice within several months. Although, it never fails, every time I cut-through somewhere, on my way to and from, old Joe-homeowner comes out pointin that finger for me to get lost. But I never just ride away, I make them ask me to go away, since they're so bold and brave and I'm the scum of the Earth because I ride a dirtbike. And today a guy asked me not to ride across his yard. Get this, his back yard has no fence, backs up to the woods, and I didn't ride where the grass was mowed (clearly his yard), I rode on the weeds on the "right -of -way" which he doesn't own, the utility company does. But I took the high road and politely said "yes sir", then started my bike back up and screamed that bike as loud as I could in his face through third gear!!! Granted I should be riding only on "designated places" like MX tracks, but the closest one is 45 away and I like woods riding and am blessed with miles and miles of woods nearby. And I'm not going to load my bike in the truck to drive five minutes away to satisfy miserable, petty people! Anyhow, how do you guys handle this type of sh**? I know you don't just lay down. . . I mean it'd be different if I were making nois everyday or something, but I can ride through a place the first time and on the way back, somebody is laying for me like a snake int he grass and I'm tired of them!!!!

Old 08-09-2003, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Man, I wasn't even going to respond to your post but if you knew what most of us here have to do to ride our ATV's, you'd feel pretty lucky. So stop your snivilin', pack your quad in the back of your truck, drive the ten minutes it takes to not **** off your nabors and enjoy yourself. Man, give us a break. Putt

Old 08-09-2003, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

We do everything we can to keep the people around us happy,,,, sometimes as we all know you can't please all the people all the time but,,,,,,,,,,,, we here in Iowa have 4 public Off Highway Vehicle parks that are open to the public as long as your machine is registered. We have tried on several ocassions to get more parks but guess what the number one problem we run into is,,,,,, the people that live nearby protest as much as possible because of NOISE!!!!!!!!!!! One of the other reasons is the fear of having their yards tore up by people running where they have absolutely bussiness being!!!!!!!!!!!

My suggestion to you is to load it up,, no matter how short the distance because there are more people against us than for us and everytime you pizz off someone,,, you just added to the list against us!!!! You may find it hard to believe but if we continue to get more against us you just may see a complete ban against all atv's and off road riding!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2003, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

It's behavior like that is helping add to the number of people who become anti ATV and starts them thinking about giving money to the enviro idiots that keep working to lock us out of places. Quit pissing off people by being to lazy to load your quad in the truck. You need to realize if you keep making people mad you will just end up with lots more people telling you were you can and can't ride. We have to avoid situations that cause conflicts that can turn people who would never work against anything into new enemies who will work against us.

Old 08-09-2003, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

someone reprted me 2 days ago and the pigs caught me and my friends.they let us go but it chokes me when its your neighbor who rats on you.lets just say next time he need anything he can screw himself.

Old 08-09-2003, 01:41 AM
Trailblazer

i live across my high school and its track is connected to the track of the junior high so there a decent amount of room to ride. If someone trys to tell me to leave i jut ride for like another 20 mins then i go home and come back an hour later after the cops leave me and my friend who rides a dirtbike and his gokarts do all summer long.

Old 08-09-2003, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

kawazuki400

a question for you,,, were you doing something illegal???? If the answer is yes well then you should feel lucky the cops were nice enuf to let ya go! I just don't understand why people do illegal things and then get pizzed when they get in trouble for it,,,,you just added fuel to the anti ATV idiots out there!!! Think about it,,,,, you break the law you pay the price!

Old 08-09-2003, 01:52 AM
Range Rover

Well, I'm like you first couple of guys, I do respect my neighbors. In fact, I was very conscious not to get on his lawn and I didn't. I have the most beautiful and well manicured lawn on the block and wouldn't want somebody riding on it either - THAT'S MY POINT, I WASN'T. I'm not sniveling - he was the one who SNIVELED AT ME. I'm a nice guy, truly. But I ain't takin s*** from somebody. But what kills me is that I have never even ridden near this guy's house and I wasn't making much noise (no more than a lawn mower and it was for a few seconds), just putting through, literally. And I do strive to try and give use riders a better reputation. That's what I thought I was doing. Afterall its not like I was riding wheelies in his backyard, wide open for an hour straight or something. Guess some people just look for something to complain about. Maybe I will load to go riding and maybe he should learn where his property lines starts and use a push-type lawn mower so there is no noise!

Old 08-09-2003, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

Lets talk some garbage here, I upset my neighbors because I ride my modded ATV around his house making noise with some of my buddys. And of course it is him who is in the wrong here. Then to make it sound even more stupid, the Police are called they catch you and cut you a break. These officers who could have written you a ticket but didn't and you still call them pigs. I hope next time they impound your quad because your obviously to self centered and imature to even try and be considerate. You need to grow up! Here is another who can't realize that making enemies hurts the sport. Keep making everyone mad and we all will lose. There are a lot more people out there who don't own quads or bikes than there are who do. And remember when those officers cut you a break they didn't have to.

Old 08-09-2003, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

Pecker,,
glad to hear you try to be respectful!
Let me tell you all a true story! I work for a Bobcat dealership,, I was the parts manager but hated the desk job so I went back into the shop. After several years of talking to Fred who is the parts manger for Bobcat (the whole nation wide company)I finally got to meet him this year. Very nice guy,,, took him for a walk around our parts department and he was smiling the whole time,,, thought everything was great,,, then into the shop and all the sudden he got a very disgusted look on his face!!!! Then he looked at me and said I hate them damn things,,,,, guess what he was looking and pointing at???? In the shop were several Bobcats, fork lifts and other equipment but the thing he was pointing at was my 4 wheeler!!!!! I wasn't sure what to say so I asked the obvious,,, WHY? To make a long story short,,, where he lives he has a very expensive house with a perfect back yard, a pool, and all great things we could all wish to have! Just to the outter edge of his yard but still on his property, being a nature kinda guy he basicly let it go to weeds for the creatures that run wild to live in,,,, then came in the idiots on 4 wheelers and destroyed it all,,, he even confronted them,,, the guys he stopped he said he was trying to be nice and explain the situation,,, they told him to F- OFF and spun a circle in his yard,, not the weeded area,, they continued over time to ride through and destroy it all so he put up a fence, they knocked it down,, then he got really pissed,,, after calling the cops who were no help he set out 2x4's with several nails in them all over in the remaining weeds!!! Guess someone must have found them the hard way because he found the boards in his pool,,, after they ripped through the pool cover! He still has the problem and was talking about running fishing line between trees! OUCH!!!!!

Well, after hearing all of Freds story I was pissed at the idiots that were doing this but being 12 hours away from him there is nothing I can do to help! He said if one ever breaks down where he can get it he has a gas can and a match waiting for it!!!!

I know this is a long story but I hope you see how a few bad riders can make it bad for severl 100! Fred told me he has told his story to just about every Bobcat dealership so how many people have they told,,,, this sh#t spreads and grows and make even the best most respectful riders look like azzholes!!!!!!! So those of you who wish to be the loudest and most anoying that you can be,,, stay the heII outta Iowa,,, we don't need or want you here and thanks for helping get us all banned from riding areas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: I'm tired of people trying to tell me where I can ride!!!