Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

650 new belt lowered top speed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 650 new belt lowered top speed!

Yes Cisco, the red is the positive feed and the green is just a ground.

The pink wire goes from the speed sensor to the CDI. By cutting the pink wire we remove the speed sensor from the circuit and replace it with the module. So, yes, you have to have the pink end to the CDI hooked up to work.

If you hooked the module up to the pink end that goes back to the speed sensor (instead of to the CDI) then your speedometer would read xx mph instead of zero at a standstill. That is one way of knowing that the module is working.

It sounds like you had the red and green wires correctly. Just connect the pink now.

I find it interesting that cutting the pink might crap out the top end (without the module). Hmmm.

WAM, we'll have to test that tomorrow.

*I wonder what the speed sensor is sending to the CDI at high speeds? More voltage? Would a repeater with more volts on top give us a boost? Is the unlimiter going to be a unit that reconnects the pink and alters the signal?

*Edit: I just reread what the DG tech had to say about how the CDI works. What I said above should not be true based on what he reported.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

Cisco1 - if the module is working on take-off but you loose the signal at higher speeds, it's likely the module is not working properly.

Old 09-12-2003, 03:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

NovaKaw650 Thats exactly what happens I have the launch but no top end so it does work but it just seems to cut out at the top end. Also I know that I have a good connection I soldered the wires on just to make sure. I talked to Ted and he said to send it back postage collect and if it was bad he would have a new one out to me ASAP. From what I can tell Ted is backing his product very well and responding as soon as I send him the emails. Things happen and maybe I got a bad unit no big deal as long as no damage is done to the electronics. Like I said I'm still happy with the increase in power and if I have to put a new one on I don't have a problem with that it soesn't take but a couple of minutes to do. Hopefully that takes care of my problem and thanks again to everyone who participated in this thread.

Haveing a mechanic tell you there is nothing wrong with your quad!
$60 an hour laber at the shop!
$500 in parts!
Finding the answers to your problems on an ATV Forum for free-----PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

Thanks again and I will update when new module arrives. Cisco.

Old 09-13-2003, 07:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Cisco1

Having a mechanic tell you there is nothing wrong with your quad!
$60 an hour laber at the shop!
$500 in parts!
Finding the answers to your problems on an ATV Forum for free-----PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

Cisco.
LOL! Well put, Cisco