Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

anything to say bad about the P650?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anything to say bad about the P650?

Yes tooooooooooooooooo cold I am getting old I guess LOL

whenever your down just yell and I will break out the 650 and go for a spin.

Old 10-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anything to say bad about the P650?

Squire;

The easiest way to repair the plastic around the bolts holes is to use so soldiering iron and "weld" them back together. You can even "steal" a little piece of black plastic from underneath your mud flaps to beef up the weak points.

If you ever replace any plastics, keep the old ones for material to "weld" with, like using welding sticks...
I cut mine in thin long strips.

You can use a heat gun or a torch to blend in your welds. But be very careful, you must use fast passes, and wait till the plastic cools down and hardens to pass again. If you don't wait, you risk of ruining the plastic or warping them. Do not touch your plastics till they are really cool, or you will leave embedded fingerprints. This technique work good, but it will smooth out and leave a shine to the black plastic matt appearance.

You can use the same technique for the rest of the bike. You can even eliminate scratches, and dull spots but again use very fast passes, and don't press your luck, wait till the plastic cool right off, or you will warp it or even worse make a hole.

I personally use this technique; I have all my original black plastics except one rear mud flap, which I replaced prior to the knowledge of plastic welding.
I had cracked my front fender, my bike slide in a guardrail in an off camber situation on slippery gravel. The crack was about 4" long. I welded my red plastic, then I used a torch to smooth it out, no one can tell where the damage was. I use the torch to smooth out deep scratches and small ones.

However I would not recommend this for daily use, try Plexus or Pledge.

I hope this help you Squire.