Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Any big changes ciming for the 700 prairie?IRS or EFI??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any big changes ciming for the 700 prairie?IRS or EFI??

Originally posted by: kawasaskirules
the real big boys oh god don't you like any power between your legs??
If you will look closely at the other toys I have, trust me, you have no clue what power is, the day you do a 115ft triple all while tail whipping to shed off excess speed then you come and tell me about power!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd waste you anyday of the week anywhere anytime!!!! By the way, at the next amateur national race at Loretta Lynns, come on out and WATCH from the sideline as I ride with some of the "BEST" in the US!!!

Old 01-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

I think that tellicogrizz just likes to bash the prairie. IMO he is just full of ****

Old 01-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

Not full of it at all, I'm only out to bash the people who think the Prairie is GOD ALL MIGHTY because of how fast it is and not where it can go!!!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2004, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

I can safely say having owned an 02 grizzly, then I bought an 02' P650 6 months later, that was the beginning of the end of my grizz. I kept it around for a spare for anonther year,but I never wanted to ride it. The kawi p650 was so much more fun to ride I could not believe the difference. I originaly thought I liked the IRS thing but the P650 showed me the light. I agree with that guy on the first page that said he would welcome the EFI but not the IRS. I also sold my Raptor because I the P650 had pleanty of power and sporty feel, but kept the smoth ride that I like, I quit riding it even when I went to the dunes I would take both the Raptor and the P650. It wasent long befor the raptor started spending more and more time parked. So I sold it. I currently am still waiting on my blue kawasuki twin peaks. LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as the new IRS EFI kawi in 05' don't be surprised if its a sigle and has a strong likeness to the new Susuki, do out this fall as an 05' model. Its my gues that since Susuki got the p700 this year, it would only be following whats becoming a common theme with these two, for there new king quad 700 to have a kawi clone as early as 6 months after the Susuki comes out, kind of like the time line the KVF400 followed. Its just a gues, will have to wait and see

Old 01-10-2004, 04:36 AM
Pro Rider

Here we go again. The big IRS debate. IMO, it would be nice to have a Prairie that hauled a$$ AND could go anywhere. Check out the first picture in my photos. That's my wife riding the Sportsman through the rocks on the Rubicon Jeep Trial. If that was my Prairie, it would be high-centered, guaranteed. I would be over there lifting the back end off the rocks, or it would be dragging its rear end across the boulders.

A Prairie with IRS. Sounds like the perfect utility quad to me.

Old 01-10-2004, 07:45 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WileyCoyote
Here we go again. The big IRS debate. IMO, it would be nice to have a Prairie that hauled a$$ AND could go anywhere. Check out the first picture in my photos. That's my wife riding the Sportsman through the rocks on the Rubicon Jeep Trial. If that was my Prairie, it would be high-centered, guaranteed. I would be over there lifting the back end off the rocks, or it would be dragging its rear end across the boulders.

A Prairie with IRS. Sounds like the perfect utility quad to me.
Well said Wiley Coyote, I will say this, if they made a prairie with IRS and my preference of a locking differential that wasnt a lever, the GRIZZLY would be HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd put a down payment on one tomorrow!!!! Without any hesitation!!!

Old 01-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Range Rover

I too at one time owned a 2002 Grizzly which I sold after buying a 2003 Prairie. My position after experiencing the Prairie was that the Grizzly was very simply, no match. The Prairie was easily the better machine. Listen, instead of designing a new machine, Suzuki opted to copy the Prairie.....not the Grizzly. Arctic Cat's new model isn't sporting a Grizzly engine. Again, they opted to use the Prairie's engine.

Having owned two Grizzlys (2001 & 2002) I'd never go back. Were it that I won a Grizzly, it'd be quickly sold for a Prairie or something else really fun.

Moo,
WheelCow