Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Web cam or Penland cam

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Web cam or Penland cam

This is getting old, I keep on checking this forum to see if there is going to be any GOOD info on "the cams" and all I read is about whos the better man. You both have great racing carrier and stick with it. Change the title to "who's better" and we could maybe get some good info on these cams on this forum.

Old 02-11-2004, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

Cams,,, what cams???? Oh, that's right,,, cams!!!! LOL! The only thing I have to say is this, both the PBR cams and the Web cams will give you better performance and more power to your stock Prairie or V Force. I know I, as most of you, work hard for my money and if I can get the same performance out of either set of cams I would go for the lower priced of them!

Old 02-11-2004, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Prairiewrench
Sprayed 650,
I thought that was the picture you was refering to and now I will clear the air on that one myself! I'm the owner of the quad in that picture, at the time of the 12 hour race the ONLY thing from FST on my quad was the stickers!!! Mickey has never even seen my quad in person! I called Mickey before the race and asked if there was anything he could do to help me in my quest to win the 12 Hour race! He was hesitant at first because me and my team are nobodys, just some local guys with a dream! Mickey finally gave in and said he would help cutting me a deal on a big bore kit! I was thrilled that he would even help in any way!
The engine we ran was a BONE STOCK 700 that I borrowed from Oldmanwheeler so we could run the race! The reason behind that is because I let a local machine shop do the task of boring my cylinders for the big bore. Well, to make a long story short,,, they F*#%*& everything up because instead of doing as Mickey told them to do,,, they did it the way they thought it should be done and I ended up with broken sleeves. It was absolutly in no way Mickeys fault but he sent me new sleeves and rings for FREE but it was too late to get it together in time for the race!
The funny thing is that our main sponsor was Diamond G Racing but Dirt Wheels went for the more known name of FST and even better, they knew that there was nothing from FST on the quad but they printed that anyway!!!! Imagine that!!! I'd also like to clear up the no match thing, my team of local boys were doing great and the lap times were right up there with PBR until my tether took a crap and we went down 2 laps but we still finished in third. I don't care what dirt wheels or anyone else says, we ran a hell of a race with a STOCK machine against some of the best racers in the nation and I'm proud of my team!
So, Sprayed 650, don't be trying to bash on Mickey about the 12 hour race and that picture, all he did was try to help me out! One more thing,,,, where did you finish in that race? Maybe you can make it to the next 12 hour race, I know we will be back!

Last of all, THANK YOU MICKEY for all the help you have provided me and my team with!!!!
As part owner of the team I can verify that everything Prairiewrench said is the absolute truth, besides it was my engine that they ran because like PW said the local machine shop thought they new better then Mickey. As I said before I personally invite all comers to the 12-Hours of ATV America on October 30th. I promise you it is no walk in the park. Many of the Pro racers said it was one of the most grueling races they have ever raced – many said that it ranks right up their with the Baja as far as wear and tear on the equipment and is physically one of the most challenging races they have ever raced in. You run 12-Hours of Cross Country, MX and TT and the riders who raced it in 2002 understood that strategy and Lady Luck plays a big role in how you finish. It’s no walk in the park.

Mickey was welling to take a chance on us (I thing he got tired of PW calling him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ), thanks to the local machine shop, we were unable to run FST engine; however, we felt it was only right to recognize FST for the support and extra effort Mickey gave to us. I knew Mickey was a stand up guy put he proved it by doing everything humanly possible to rectify the “wonderful work of the local machine shop”. Like I said earlier, I have total respect for both Mickey and Mike because the bottom line is they are committed to the sport and that is what it takes to move the sport to the next level. Some of you may not agree with that statment but I am entitled to my opinion.

As Prairiewrench said, anyone who thinks they can handle the 12-Hours is welcome to register for the 2004 race. Just contact me directly and I will make sure you get a registration form as soon as they are available.

PW, did a hell of a job. I showed up at the track at 5:00 AM to ride the track and make sure everything was as we left it the night before. No arrows moved or banners repositioned, etc…(not that anyone would do anything like that). When I returned to the pits Pw was going over the machine for about the 10,000th time and what knock us out businesses. It truly was Goliath vs. the Giant and every one of them can be very proud of their finish. I will be there next year to support PW anyway I can, but since I’m a co-owner of the race I turn all of the operations and decission making over to PW 60 days before the race so that no once can accuses me of playing favorites. I didn’t even talk to the team during the race other than to relay information to them just as I did the other 92 teams that raced. Mickey, we appreciate the opportunity you gave us. It shows me that you understand that even guys like Scott Kilby started out as an unknown, a local guy who wanted to see what he could do. Well we do anything different next year? Well one thing is we will defiantly purchase the best kill switch money can buy and spare on hand and if Mickey elects to help us we well more then welcome his assistance. It’s not about FST vs. PBR, it’s about pulling a team of guys together (and in our case a bunch of local amatures who just love riding fast in the woods), working as a team and finishing the best you can. I was amazed at how teams, pitted next to each other, helped each other out by loaning parts, tools and even going as far as helping make repairs or relaying a message to the pits. It’s all about getting together at the end of the racing season and celebrating as a family and as far as I am concern FST, Diamond G Racing, PBR, and every other team and sponsor that was at our event is a part of our family. Let’s just be thankful we live in a country where we have the freedom and resources to spend our weekends racing, and in our case weekend racing. It’s all about the love of the sport. I guesss that is way guys drive 23 hours to run a 90 minute race as in the case of the GNCC and heat races in the GNC, WORCS, etc... It's the love of the sport, it's spending time with your extended family. When I attended the TX GNCC last weekend the teams made me feel right at home. We sat down and visited and they gave me ideas to help improve the 12-hours which is always our goal. For the first time I understand that these guys aren't compititors, they're family or at least until the green flag flys!!!!

By the way before PW put my engine back in my frame he went over ever inch of that engine to make sure it was in perfect condition. PW is a class act and I wouldn't dream of teaming up with anyone else, it’s been a privilege to have PW as a partner. By the way PW if you’ll accept my financial support next year you can count on me being there to support our local effort because I know if lady luck just gives you one little break you will be up there running with the big boys!!!!

I SUGGEST WE END THIS FORUM BECAUSE IT IS GETTING TO NEGATIVE AND IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON TO MORE EXCITING AND PRODUCTIVE TOPICS. LIKE DOES ANYONE HAVE A SEAT BELT OR SOME GOOD VALCRO I CAN ATTACH TO MY P700 SO I DON’T FLY OFF AND SEPARATE MY SHOULDER THE NEXT TIME I RIDE????? If it wasn't for PW I'd still be laying there dreaming up new, very imagative four letter words, but did you have to kiss my shoulder? Thank God I didn't bruise my butt!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] And why are you always behind me when I crash? That's two years in a row, are you sure you aren't ramming me or putting a voodoo spell on me?

Everyone have a great day, put this topic behind you and lets move on to bigger and better things. Anyone who will be at the Indy Expo stop me and introduce yourself. I'll be easy to spot as I will be wearing a dress 12-Hours of ATV America logo shirt and any of you aftermarket companies out there, step up to the plate and help us move the Worlds best 12-Hour race from france to the great old US of A!!!!!! 30 teams per class we will be prepared to run 150 3-person teams and I promise you a first class event, one you will never event. Hey Speed Channel & ESPN, how about some extended coverage??? Ok I'll shut up I just have to get my two cents worth in since I don't have the time to get on the forums as much as I use to. Catch everyone later, The "Sore" OldMan

Old 02-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: n2xlr8n
Well stated, Oldman.

My only beef with Mr. Dunlap was that instead of contributing sound technical data that would benefit the ATVconnection forums, he was slighting PBR and making light of Mike's accomplishments....."if you don't have anything positive to contribute (or to call b.s. on some "technical data"), then don't post" is the way I look at it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
That is the whole point!!!
Here is a "respected" business owner trying to drum up business by bad mouthing the competition. Instead of letting the products and service stand on their own merits. ...Makes you wonder if they have any legs.

Old 02-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

OldmanWheeler...You are right...us utility guys need to stick together...helping each other is what it is all about....and not bashing the competition..am I guilty of this..yup..in this thread..but like PW and your help..Penland has helped me out a ton and I wont stand by and see him flamed...thats the bottom line. Sorry if I sound abrasive...but this thing is getting under my skin.

PrairieWrench..no..I wasnt at the 12 hour race..couldnt make it..maybe next year...but its a haul from GA and I do work for a living.

Old 02-11-2004, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

Sprayed 650,, there will be a 6 hours of atv America held in Macon GA I believe. I don't think the date has been set yet but if all goes right we will be there with the wheels spinning! There will be three 6 hour races held across the US this year as pre 12 hour races! The first is Feb. 21st in Texas, second in GA, and the third in PA I believe!

Old 02-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Trailblazer

PW - Let us know when details become available for the Macon race. That's not to far from Orlando. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Please stop bringing this thread back up, I can't keep up with the orders for 785/800 kits. The last to days has put me into a deep back-order pit, please help!

Old 02-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

Save room for mine, checks in the mail..

Old 02-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

PW...where can I get info about these races..I hadnt heard anything about them..I only live about 1.5 hours from MAcon..that would be scwheet and I am sure I could put together a team to ride it. Where is the one in Texas? I am running the GNCC race in WAshington GA and whatever local Hare scrambles pop up. Kind of addicted to it now...but at 40years old..it takes a while for me to heal up after a race..I dont bounce .ike I used to..plus trying to keep up with my sons racing schdule is about tapping me out...oh well...gotta pay to play..later.

Quick Reply: Web cam or Penland cam