Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Clutch kit for vforce

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch kit for vforce

i ordered a clutch kit, and it was a primary spring and a secondary spring... but when i recieved it there was three springs. a black ,red ,and a pink. what is the difference between the three.. i know the pink is primary an black is secondary, but whats the red, and if its a primary which is better red / pink??????

Old 02-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

The puink and the red are both primary springs. The pink has a stall rating of 0 (zero), meaning you take off as soon as you hit the throttle. The red has a stall rating of 37, meaning that there is some lag time before you get moving.

The pink has a shiftout rating of 161, the red 140. Stock spring has a stall rating of 0 (zero), and a shiftout rating of 122.

Most people like the stall of the stock spring, but think it shifs out to early/quickly, so they go with the pink spring, which has the same stall rating, but shifts out at a higher rpm.

The clutch springs are extremely easy to change, so try both, and decide which one is for you.

Old 02-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Quadfather Thanks for the input. ill probley go with the pink spring..plus im installing a set of bell busters, and changing the secondary spring, do you think that a smart move..

Old 02-10-2004, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

I know nothing of bell busters. In fact, I've never heard of them.

From what I have read, there is no need to change the secondary spring. Again, this is just what I have read at another forum dedicated to Kawasakis. Also, opinion seems to be very strong that Dale Tool from Dalton Industries is just about the most knowledgable person when it comes to clutch springs, and he doesn't include them in his Pro Kit. I talked to Dale extensively before ordering my kit, and he advised me not to mess with the secondary (black) spring.

I have no idea about the EPI kits. Maybe the springs (kit) you received were meant to be run together, I don't know. I do know, however, know that the people I heard running the pink spring ran it with the stock secondary spring.

Since you have the kit, and spent hard earned money on it, I would take a day and try each different combonation you can, and see which one fits your riding style the best.