Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Dynatek dissapointment....

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynatek dissapointment....

Thanks New BF. I bought it more for the plug and play than any thing else. I have a 4 year extended warranty and want to be able to unplug it if I need service. Hopefully they will get it right the second time. I think all of the moduals / CDI's are pretty darn close to each other. I have to say though that I have not seen any quality complaints about the DG, High Lifter or Velocity modules, just the Dyna. If they don't get it right this time I will switch or just go without.

Old 03-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

After a month of waiting for a replacement unit from Dynatek I got one today. It was another bad one. THIS BLOWS! They were very nice and told me they would give me a refund if I wanted one. So now my big decision is whether or not to try again. I may just take the cash option at this point.

Old 03-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: JoePrairie
After a month of waiting for a replacement unit from Dynatek I got one today. It was another bad one. THIS BLOWS! They were very nice and told me they would give me a refund if I wanted one. So now my big decision is whether or not to try again. I may just take the cash option at this point.

Man, that sucks pretty bad. I am sorry to hear about that. Dyna is probably pulling their hair out after hearing more complaints. I have been waiting for a week now for a response from Scott and Dyna to whether they will send a Dyna to my door for testing on the Brute 650. I had one ordered already then called to talk with them. They discouraged me from getting it because it had not been tested in the Brute 650 yet, even though its just the prairie. I cancelled my order and offered to test it. He said that that sounded like a goood idea but has not responded yet, even after a few emails to him. Not the type of business people I like to do business with if they can't keep in contact. Oh well, good luck with whatever decision you make.

Old 03-01-2005, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Brute!! I will keep you all posted on what the final outcome is. I may give em one more shot. Velocity devices is supposed to come out this summer with one as well.

Old 03-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Range Rover

After alot of research on this forum comparing the dyna and the dg5, I decided to go with the dg5 and I have no complaints. Now that I read this thread, I'm really glad I went with the dg5. Wiring took about thirty minutes. Thier's not much wire to work with on the brute, but it was well worth the effort.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

I have bought 3 Dyna's and still have and use all 3, never had any problems. I wonder what has changed. Did they change a part or component source or somthing they were making them with ? I hope they figure it out, I have been happy with all all of mine. I think it helped the 650 more than the 700's but still has been the best bang for the buck modd that I have been using. I hope everything works out for you guy's. The last one I bought was last August when I bought my last new 04' Prairie/Twin peaks (800 project). I wonder kawi changed something on the 05's.

Old 03-03-2005, 08:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well since I started this thread, I guess I should add that I went through the same thing as Joe Prairie, in that I recieved two bad modules, but the third was a charm. I got it yesterday, and this one works great! Very happy with the product, and well worth the wait. I do have to say that those that I dealt with were great to work with over the phone. I even made the mistake of sending back the little yellow insert on the middle module plug that was supposed to stay on the machine side of my wiring harness; and after a week I called them back.... they sent me this part back in the mail, no problems at all. They really worked with me, and in my opinion, they probably sourced a bad batch of components as of late. I am very happy with Dynatek, just be patient, and they will definetly make things right. I will be in Mann, West Virginia in two weeks tearing the tires off the STP (Suzuki Twin Peaks) LOL.

Old 03-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

I have the DG5 I love it, but now I'm thinking about more topend I may go with the Dyna. And may have a DG5 for sale

Old 03-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

I finally got a working CDI from Dynatech (knock on wood). Turns out third time was a charm. I like the unit, but it doesn't rip your head off or anything. A moderately stronger acceleration though out power band. It does help it pull the wheels when you pin it off the line. It was worth the money, but not the aggravation. If I knew they get their issues worked out, I would spend the money again.

Old 03-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Range Rover

took 3 times for me as well put into my 750 and it did quite a bit of diffrence there was a little stutter on take off changed the cdi and its gone now in high range I can pull up the front end at will hopefully this one lasts